Advisor/Senior Advisor | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Senior Advisor Service Design Policy Service Delivery Jan 2021.pdf (PDF, 641KB)
PD Advisor Service Design Policy Service Delivery Jan 2021.pdf (PDF, 634KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Jan-2021|
- Do you enjoy the challenge of working within and across complex regulatory systems?
- Do you enjoy generating ideas and supporting innovative solutions that link people, policy, and operations?
- Are you looking to join a high-impact, collaborative team of service designers and policy advisors?
- Salary steps between $68,009 to $81,213 for Advisor and $99,941 to $129,821 for Senior Advisor
We have some exciting operational policy opportunities in the Service Design Policy team, within our Te Whakatairanga Service Delivery Group.
- 1x Advisor (Permanent)
- 1x Senior Advisor (Permanent)
- 1x Senior Advisor (6 month fixed term parental leave contract)
Te Whakatairanga Service Delivery Group, provides critical functions and services that support businesses, employees and consumers to operate successfully in the market place. This includes the delivery of information, advisory, dispute resolution, regulatory and enforcement services for most of the regulatory systems in MBIE.
You will be part of a team made up of service designers and policy advisors who collaborate on interesting and varied projects across Te Whakatairanga.
In this role you will:
- provide input into policy and service development.
- see the direct impact of your work by leading or participating in implementing policy; including translating legislation and policy into practice.
- work directly with regulatory managers to ensure the effectiveness of their operations.
- work with teams across MBIE who seek our help to solve problems, deliver projects, and provide high-quality advice that adds value.
- provide an emergency response and management role.
Recent projects undertaken by the team include:
- Establishing a consumer travel agent reimbursement scheme alongside policy and operational colleagues.
- Supporting the establishment of an early resolution team within Employment New Zealand.
- Banning certain types of inclined sleep products alongside our Product Safety colleagues
- Providing policy, intel and planning support to the Temporary Accommodation Service response to COVID-19 and the November Napier floods.
We are looking for someone who:
- thinks analytically and expresses ideas clearly; someone who turns analysis into crisp, clear advice.
- Considers workable delivery and implementation options, and consistently thinks ‘end-to-end' with the customer in mind.
- consistently seeks ways to improve and innovate, always aiming to add value.
- exercises influencing agility, by adapting their style and approach to suit the people involved to affect opinions, behaviours, and actions of others.
- proactively engages with others, building and using relationship capital effectively.
In addition, senior advisors will:
- understand and have experience of Government systems and processes, including public sector requirements and processes relating to legislation and regulatory change.
- be an excellent communicator, who confidently delivers clear and compelling advice tailored to the audience, writing in a polished, plain-English style that persuades.
- effectively lead projects by applying project management approaches to manage risk, conflicts, scope, and resourcing to deliver on time.
- have experience collaborating and partnering with customers to establish positive and long lasting relationships to achieve shared objectives and outcomes.
A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline is preferred.
To apply for this exciting role, click on the “Apply Now” button to read and download the position description. Please apply directly online, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
If you have any queries please contact Monica Chow at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number 1502602
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 24th January 2021.