Risk & Verification Manager - Financial Risk | Porirua
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Risk and Verification Manager - Financial Risk.pdf (PDF, 696KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Jan-2021|
The Risk and Verification team within the Verification and Compliance branch are seeking a new leader to join the team as a Risk and Verification Manager – Financial Risk. This is a newly created position and plays a key role in helping Immigration New Zealand manage financial risk effectively.
The Risk and Verification Manager – Financial Risk is accountable for providing risk and verification information and advice to inform quality visa decision making. The role is responsible for improving consistency and quality of risk and verification activity, with a focus on business and financial risk within visa processing and forensic financial analysis and evidence preparation in immigration investigations.
Leading a team of Senior Business and Finance Advisors and a Forensic Investigator, the Risk and Verification Manager – Financial Risk will work across Verification and Compliance and with other branches of Immigration New Zealand and MBIE, as well as with our like partners including the Companies Office, Labour Inspectorate, NZ Police and Worksafe.
This role will be responsible for:
- Leading and driving the risk, verification and financial investigations processes, practices, tools and activity with a focus on visa products and specific employment sectors
- Providing assurance to the Manager Onshore Risk and Verification, Investigations Managers, National Managers and other Onshore and Offshore Risk and Verification Managers on the overall ‘health' of systems
- Providing support and resources to the National Manager Investigation and the Chief Investigator on investigation processes and practices relating to financial crimes and asset recovery options
- Maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure risk is managed well and MBIE collaborates effectively with others to grow New Zealand for all
- Inputting into system design for wider INZ risk‐related systems and tools
- Leading implementation of new risk‐related systems and tools
- Driving quality performance and consistent practices across the verification network and wider business
- Overseeing the relationship and interaction across Products and Sectors
- Supporting the development and enablement of forensic investigative practices and systems
The Risk & Verification Manager – Financial Risk position is not part of the onshore and offshore Risk & Verification Manager rotational group.
Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or hold a permanent residence visa
MBIE a member of Diversity Works New Zealand and is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role. MBIE also supports flexible working arrangements.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Fi at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1501205 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday the 20h of January 2021