Senior Business Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Position Description_Senior_Business Analyst_INZ_Dec 2020 (002).pdf (PDF, 693KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Jan-2021|
- High profile project with real opportunity to influence the customer
- Multiple roles – permanent and fixed term until March 2022
- Salary: $91K to $113K depending on experience
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for experienced business focused Senior Business Analysts to join our project office in the Enablement branch, which is the business change engine at the heart of the Immigration New Zealand (INZ) business.
You will directly support INZ's new visa processing system Microsoft Dynamics (D365), which will be an intelligence-led visa processing model that will better manage risk with employers hiring migrant workers, and reduce exploitation of the immigration system.
Working collaboratively with the business, you will build internal capability to support the D365 system, sharing your significant business process and technical understanding. You will also be responsible for the development of options and solutions for business problems and opportunities to enhance core processes that will improve the customer experience. You will provide guidance and mentoring for team members and the wider business and easily be able to demonstrate your ability to lead the definition of functional and non-functional requirements and produce detailed analysis and design.
Our ideal candidate:
- Extensive experience in a Senior Business Analyst role.
- Proven business process capability in a large project or BAU environment.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- Experience of Microsoft D365 Customer Engagement/CRM or comparable CRM.
- Experience in transforming business requirements to CRM configuration including the frontend, defining entities and attributes and business rules.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to mentor others interact professionally and collaboratively with a diverse group including users, managers and subject matter experts.
- Ability to establish an overview of the requirements defined by the customer including definition of business and technical requirements.
- Recognise and record any inconsistencies, assumptions and critical elements.
- Facilitate and accelerate the decision process, considering the customer's business strategy, drivers, requirements and challenges.
- Have an understanding of project management principles and methodology.
About the team:
INZ is part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE), New Zealand's largest government department. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We work with international organisations and industry partners to improve border security and make immigration easier. We lead government strategy designed to help migrants settle into New Zealand.
Part of the Immigration Enabling team within the Enablement branch, this role works directly with the D365 project team. The team is responsible for the management and implementation of strategic projects across INZ.
How to Apply
All applicants must be New Zealand citizens or hold a residence class visa.
Click on the APPLY button below where a position description is also available. Your application must include your CV and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position. All applications must be submitted through our online process, email applications cannot be accepted.
For more information about this vacancy please contact INZProjectRecruitment@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1500425.
Applications close 5pm Monday 25th January 2021.
No Recruitment Agencies please.