Service Designer | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Service Designer_Position Description_Final.pdf (PDF, 380KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Jan-2021|
- Exciting opportunity to work on a significant high profile project.
- Make a genuine impact on the effective implementation of a substantial policy and technology change.
- Wellington based fixed-term position to March 2022.
- Salary range: $110,643 to $135,322 depending on experience.
About the role
The Service Designer will apply their expertise in user-centred design from initial concept through to design, test, technical integration and implementation of the end solution; by directly supporting the change to INZ's new visa processing system Microsoft D365. D365 will be an intelligence-led visa processing model that will better manage risk with employers hiring migrant workers, and reduce exploitation of the immigration system.
You will play a key role supporting the project by identifying holistic user needs and actively guiding the future solution towards an effective end, ensuring that all identified user needs are met throughout. Using your knowledge and experience for user-centred design practices, business change practices and user-centred change management, your focus will be to optimise the configuration of the system by ensuring it meets business requirements, is useable from a customer and staff perspective and can be implemented in an effective way across INZ.
As the ideal candidate, you bring to this role:
- Demonstrable knowledge, experience and passion for user-centred design practices.
- Knowledge and experience of business change practices and user-centred change management.
- Confidence in presenting design artefacts and communicating both verbally and digitally to key stakeholders.
- Proven experience with various technology platforms and working alongside Service Design teams.
- Superb attention to detail and problem solving skills, including the ability to communicate complex information is a clear and precise manner.
- Excellent analytical skills, able to make recommendations based on both quantitative and qualitative data.
About the team:
Immigration NZ is part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE), New Zealand's largest government department. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We work with international organisations and industry partners to improve border security and make immigration easier. We lead government strategy designed to help migrants settle into New Zealand.
Part of the Immigration Improvement team, within the Operations, Tasking & Improvement (OTI) team, this role works directly with the D365 project team. The OTI branch ensures tactical and planned operational activity is properly organised and fits with INZ's strategy.
How to Apply
All applicants must be New Zealand citizens or hold a residence class visa.
Click on the APPLY button below where a position description is also available. Your application must include your CV and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position. All applications must be submitted via our online system, email applications will not be accepted.
For more information about this vacancy please contact INZProjectRecruitment@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE MBIE/1500375.
Applications close 5pm Monday 25th January 2021.
No Recruitment Agencies please.