Senior Content Designer | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Position Description_Senior Content Designer_FINAL.pdf (PDF, 350KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Jan-2021|
- Exciting new opportunity for an experienced digital content writer to work on a significant high profile programme.
- Take a lead role managing programme content for the Immigration NZ (INZ) website and a new online visa processing system.
- Ensure the delivery of effective, accurate, clear and consistent content – developed with the needs of the audience in mind.
- Wellington based fixed-term opportunity to March 2022.
- Salary range: $79,012 to $94,590 depending on experience.
About the role.
As the Senior Content Designer, you will be accountable for creating web content for Immigration New Zealand's website, with a key focus on supporting INZ's new visa and employer accreditation processing system Microsoft Dynamics (D365). D365 is an intelligence-led visa processing model that will provide improved customer experience and better manage risks associated with hiring migrant workers.
As part of a fast paced and busy team, you will be responsible for ensuring all content required for the D365 portal and for other INZ digital channels, including the INZ website, is aligned and developed in time to support external and internal engagement as additional visa types are transitioned to the D365 platform.
In collaboration with the wider project team, you will work alongside subject matter experts (SMEs) to prepare, review and ensure content accuracy, and be the champion for continuous improvement, utilising data and analytics to inform decision making on our content.
Our ideal candidate is:
- A natural collaborator, comfortable and able to build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- A great content writer with a proven track record and an understanding of which channels to use effectively to reach our audience.
- Delivery focussed, you enjoy working at pace, juggling deadlines and delivering quality outputs, including plain English, customer-centric, fit for purpose content.
- Hands on, happy to get stuck into the day-to-day work while supporting the team to develop our strategic digital channel initiatives.
What you bring:
- You're a great communicator and influencer, presenting complex ideas in an accessible way and bringing people along on the journey.
- Demonstrated experience where you've been accountable for online content creation and the development of digital strategy for websites and social media.
- Prior experience writing and creating fit for purpose content for different audiences and digital channels.
- Knowledge and understanding of web content best practice, including accessibility and plain language.
- Knowledge of Google analytics, including the ability to use evidence to recommend change.
- Experience conducting content audits and redesigning content for websites.
About the team:
Immigration NZ is part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE), New Zealand's largest government department. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We work with international organisations and industry partners to improve border security and make immigration easier. We lead government strategy designed to help migrants settle into New Zealand.
Part of the Digital Channels team within the Information & Education (I&E) team, this role works directly with the D365 project team. The I&E team deliver high-quality information and education resources to help migrants and other key stakeholders engage with the immigration system and support migrants as they integrate into New Zealand society.
How to Apply
All applicants must be New Zealand citizens or hold a residence class visa.
Click on the APPLY button below where a position description is also available. Your application must include your CV and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position. All applications must be submitted via our online system, email applications cannot be accepted.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact INZProjectRecruitment@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE1499421.
Applications close 5pm Monday 25th January 2021.
No Recruitment Agencies please.