Principal Assurance Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Principal Advisor Assurance- January 2020.pdf (PDF, 323KB)
|Application Close Date:||02-Dec-2020|
- Play an integral role building MBIE's Internal Assurance function
- Flexible work environment
- Opportunity to contribute and influence
- Salary range $110K - $135K depending on experience
- Permanent position, Wellington based
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference in the way in which MBIE delivers internal assurance. The role is a senior position within the Internal Assurance branch and reports to the GM Internal Assurance. This is a great opportunity to be part of a new team that is focused on uplifting assurance capabilities across MBIE and delivering assurance activities that are valued and make a difference.
We are looking for a self-starter who is passionate about assurance, can bring a fresh perspective, influence and motivate others, and thrives in a complex and changing environment.
Skills and experience required
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Experience leading internal audit activities in a large, complex environment
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility with senior managers and build strong working relationships
- A team player, coaches and upskills other team member; and willingly shares and receives information, knowledge, insights and expertise within the team and with others across the organisation
- Excellent knowledge of internal audit practices and standards
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, demonstrated through experience producing high quality and engaging reports
- A relevant tertiary qualification (preferably business degree or chartered accountant) is desirable
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
About the team:
Effectively managing risk and providing appropriate assurance is becoming imperative to MBIE and Internal Assurance is a key enabler to achieving this. This has led to the establishment of several new positions within the team creating a unique opportunity for people joining to influence our ways of working, deliver assurance that adds value and be part of a challenging, fun and dynamic culture.
The Internal Assurance branch is part of the Finance and Performance business group which provides fundamental corporate services to the wider business and comprises approximately 170 staff located in Wellington, Auckland, Christchurch and offshore in Beijing and Mumbai.
The Group comprises the following functions:
- Enterprise Performance and Reporting
- Financial Systems and Control
- Finance Business Partnering
- Enterprise Risk and Compliance
- Internal Assurance
Why work for us?
Our aspiration is that the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is a great place to work where great work gets done. We believe in harnessing the potential of our people and the diverse skills and life experiences they bring to MBIE. Our targets are challenging and require us to work with others, and across the Ministry (making the most of our size and scope).
Why work for us?
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad range of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Sarah Frost at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1497153 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 2nd December 2020.