Geospatial Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD ERM Geospatial Analyst Nov 2020.pdf (PDF, 663KB)
|Application Close Date:||07-Dec-2020|
- Permanent full-time role within our Energy and Resources Markets branch
- Based in Wellington, CBD
- Gateway into spatial data management in Government
- Flexible working environment
We have an opening in our team for the right person to join us permanently as a Geospatial Advisor. In this role you will provide spatial services by;
- Recording and maintaining a spatial data register with past and present permit boundaries
- Supporting the management and publication of geospatial information in line with best practice processes
- Providing cartographic and spatial data distribution services
- Effectively using the ESRI Suite
You will monitor and audit the end to end lifecycle of spatial data to ensure data completeness and accuracy, thus improving discovery and accessibility. We are a supportive and dynamic team and you will always have the expertise around to support you and your development.
If you are interested and have the relevant skills and experience that complement our work then we encourage you to apply. Ideally we are seeking a candidate with proven experience in this field but also open to considering Graduates who are keen to quickly develop and will enjoy learning in a fast-paced environment.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant GIS experience
- Familiar with geographic information systems software products and data types (preferably ESRI's ArcGIS)
- Proficient in manipulating and reformatting data in spreadsheet, text based editors and at the application level
- Familiar with geospatial data management, principles, methodologies and conventions and a demonstrated commitment to developing skills and knowledge in the area
- Demonstrate ability to think analytically about issues, express ideas clearly and translate complex information to easy to understood material
- Ability to deliver client service to a high standard and in good time
- Strong communication skills – oral, written and listening. Report-writing skills coupled with the ability to convey technical information, and advice in a manner which clients understand. Ability to present to team and potentially broader internal audiences on subject matter
- Good judgement and ability to respect confidences, positively adjust to changes in priorities and maintain performance when under pressure
Applicants must be able to obtain and maintain the MBIE ICT security clearance for privileged access to systems. In order to achieve this they must be a New Zealand citizen or resident who has resided continuously in this country for the last 5 years, or a citizen of Australia, Canada, The United Kingdom, or the United States of America; and has resided continuously in one or more of those countries for the past 5 years prior to application. If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website (careers.mbie.govt.nz).
You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Lapulou Mo'ale at Lapulou.Moale@mbie.govt.nz quoting reference MBIE/1496901 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 7th December