Policy Manager | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Policy Manager - Generic - 16102020.pdf (PDF, 683KB)
|Application Close Date:||02-Dec-2020|
- Are you an experienced policy manager looking for your next opportunity?
- This is a great opportunity to lead in a dynamic and exciting policy space to broaden your policy skills and management experience
- You will lead a team that is solving complex policy challenges
- You will get to work on issues that help New Zealand manage the risk from Covid-19
- Join a group of passionate, highly skilled people
- Making a real difference for all New Zealanders
Are you who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced policy manager who wants to be part of leading this important work.
You will need to demonstrate:
- A good base of experience in a public policy environment
- Be a logical thinker, problem solver, and be curious and prepared to ask questions
- You enjoy working on complex problems, generating ideas and coming up with solutions
- The ability to work through ambiguity and sometimes work to tight deadlines
- Have the ability to build relationships with others and work collaboratively across the team, group and with other agencies
- Great communication skills (verbal and written).
About our work
Do you want to work in a fast paced environment on work that will help us to eliminate Covid-19 from New Zealand? We are looking for a highly motivated policy manager with experience in problem solving and formulating high-quality policy advice to join us in Managed isolation and Quarantine (MIQ) Policy.
This role is offered on either as a secondment or on a fixed term basis for 18 months, with a potential for extending. MBIE has a flexible working policy that supports its staff to manage a work-life balance.
Manager Allocation and Supply
We are looking for a manager who can lead a team of people looking at the MIQ model with a number of strategic lenses that will shape future advice on how the system might operate. A focus for this role is the interface with the immigration system and addressing how we allocate MIQ space between the different types of people wanting to come into New Zealand through MIQ.
The Manager Allocation and Supply will need to work with a range of external and internal stakeholders to leverage the best outcomes from a MIQ perspective.
To be suitable for this role you will have strong machinery of government and policy experience, and an understanding of economics, markets and financial levers that can be applied in the government context. Ideally, you will also have experience in either immigration, health (with a Covid-19 and / or workforce focus) or managing border settings and be familiar with the Treaty of Waitangi.
About our Policy Group
MIQ is an important part of our response to Covid-19. Our Policy Group supports the protection of the health and wellbeing of people in New Zealand through facilitating the safe flow of people across the border.
We have four teams who provide advice and analysis in the areas of regulation, allocation and supply, strategy, funding models, evaluation and foresight. We work in a fast paced environment, we engage and work collaboratively across the policy teams, wider MIQ operations and with other agencies in government.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button to submit your CV and cover letter.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. We welcome your enquiries. For a confidential chat please contact Mel at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1496693
Applications close 5pm on 2 December 2020.