Senior Advisor Determinations | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| BT - Determinations - Senior Advisor Determinations - Nov 2020.pdf (PDF, 354KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Nov-2020|
- Bring your passion for the building system or for interpreting and applying legislation to this challenging operational role
- Make a positive impact on how the building system operates in this exciting team
- Start solving some of the more complex issues within the building sector
- Provide advice to others who care just as deeply about NZ's building industry
Play your part in shaping one of New Zealand's leading sectors that employs 250,000 workers and is set to contribute more than $41 billion to New Zealand's economy in 2023.
The Determinations team are looking to rapidily source the right candidate to help them contribute to MBIE's stewardship/kaitiakitanga of NZ's building system. The team do this by developing determinations on matters of doubt or dispute about the application of building legislation.
About the role
This is your opportunity to step up and utilise your extensive building and/or legislative knowledge to solve some complex issues and support compliance with building regulation. You'll be dealing with others who care just as deeply as you do about New Zealand's building industry to help them better understand the building code.
As part of the Determinations team you will provide customers with binding decisions, guidance and clarity about the application of building legislation. Our customers include building owners, building consent authorities (e.g. local councils), agents for building owners (e.g. lawyers and consultants) and industry professionals (e.g. engineers).
You will be supported by a team of experienced senior advisors who work collaboratively to test ideas. As a senior member of the team, you will contribute to best practice both from a technical and process perspective. You will also be given the opportunity to coach more junior members of the team as you work together on casework or projects.
Skills and experience for the role
- You may have a great understanding of the building code and a strong desire to resolve disputes and help those in the building industry to apply the code.
- Alternatively, you may be experienced in a tribunal setting (or similar) and looking for your next challenge
- Your background will show your experience in interpreting and applying legislation
- You'll have a proven ability to clearly explain a regulatory framework (or similar) to a non-technical audience both verbally and in written communications
- You will be successful at managing stakeholder relationships including with customers and technical experts
- You'll enjoy analysing large amounts of complex information and identifying key issues
Come work with smart and driven people that want to make a difference
MBIE is an incredibly diverse organisation, employing more than 4,000 people across a range of roles. We share a commitment to growing New Zealand for all. We create opportunities for our people to gain experience in different parts of our organisation. We are committed to providing more contemporary, flexible ways of working so our people can work in a way that best suits them, their work and their life. That includes giving our people more choice about when, how and where they work.
So don't hesitate please click on the APPLY button below in order to start the online application process. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. For enquiries please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1496579.
The salary range for this role $91,915 - $113,318 with appointment to be within that range based on skills and experience.
Applications close on Sunday November 29th 2020