Senior Applications Developer - Wellington CBD | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Senior Applications Developer - August 2020.pdf (PDF, 663KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Nov-2020|
- Join our large, high performing ICT Team
- Work in a complex and evolving ICT environment, with an exciting fast paced pipeline of work
- Permanent position, Wellington CBD
Why work for us?
We're part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE), a future-focused organisation working to grow a strong, high-performing New Zealand economy. Our diverse range of functions and international reach means real career pathways within MBIE as a whole. That's underpinned by regular development and training, and a culture that supports flexible working.
The ICT team within CGI (Corporate, Governance & Information) empowers and enables the technology solutions which are key to the way the Ministry delivers its services to the public. We are a high performing team delivering high impact outcomes.
About the role:
The Senior Applications Developer will provide technical leadership with the remaining development team to bring opportunities to life by utilising their C#, .NET and Azure DevOps experience to further existing projects at MBIE, in addition to building the overall capability of the development team. The role will also involve working closely with key vendors to provide clear technical guidance around best practice development and devops processes at MBIE.
Key to success in this role is the ability to translate requirements efficiently into reliable, scalable and fit-for purpose solutions that will have a significant impact on the value the Application Development team brings to MBIE. Your pride in your work will mean you are designing and modelling our software solutions in a robust manner, always with best practice in mind.
The wider team enable and empower the functions of our core business through effective use of technology; the implementation of services and systems which strengthen the way our Ministry delivers services, delivers on the outcomes required by Government.
We are looking for you to demonstrate in your Cover Letter & CV the following:
- At least 5-8 years' professional experience in software development or related product exposure
- At least 3-5 years' experience in the implementation and development of custom .NET applications
- At least 2-3 years' experience in the implementation of custom solutions in Microsoft Azure
- Previous experience in building and automating deployments in Azure (via Azure DevOps) is desirable
- Previous experience with Terraform is desirable
- Experience in mentoring junior and intermediate developers is desirable.
- Previous experience working within and managing across different project delivery disciplines including waterfall projects and the use of agile delivery Frameworks, as well as direct experience managing a range of project types including technical, systems / software implementation and upgrade and digital projects
- Professional level communication skills – both verbal and written
- Knowledge and wide experience across project management disciplines with a good understanding of contemporary best practice principles
- You may have a tertiary qualification in a relevant field and have shown a commitment to professional development
- You will have the ability to gain and maintain a national security clearance (Check https://protectivesecurity.govt.nz/personnel-security/clearances/eligibility-tool/ )
- You must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, upload a CV & cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Marc Riddell at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1496489 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm 29th November 2020