Advisor - Hawkes Bay - RSLG | Napier
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| RSLG - PD - Advsior - July 2020.docx (Word, 51KB)
|Application Close Date:||30-Nov-2020|
- Are you passionate about regional labour market development as an enabler for better employment and training outcomes for people and businesses?
- Can you build effective relationships with iwi, employers, unions, local and central government to co-design and establish Regional Skills Leadership Groups?
- This is a permanent Advisor role in MBIE's Labour and Immigration Policy Branch, focussed on helping the Government supporting Regional Skills Leadership Groups across 15 regions
Advisor – Regional Skills Leadership Groups (RSLG)
Salary $68 - $86k
About the role
We have an opportunity for an Advisor to work as part of our regional teams, you will be working as part of a team of Principals, and Seniors to help support the work of RSLGs.
We will welcome people to work in any location across the region.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an Advisor or someone with equivalent experience in policy, operational policy or service design. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working in partnership with stakeholders. You will have strong analytical skills and must be comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
We are looking people who:
- Have government experience and an understanding of the policy formation
- Enjoy a positive, collaborative approach to working in team environments;
- Want to work in an environment where you can take your career to the next level
- Enjoy getting to the heart of an issue quickly, generating ideas and solving problems
- Have good written and verbal communication
- Enjoy building relationships with others and working collaboratively
- Like working with experienced managers who care about your development
- Think it's important to be able to work in a flexible way that suits you, your work and your life
- An understanding of Te Ao Māori would be an advantage
Background on Regional Skills Leadership Groups
The Government recently announced its intention to establish Regional Skills Leadership Groups (RSLGs). RSLGs will identify workforce and skills needs in their region, both now and in the future, and advise on actions to cultivate these.
The Groups will feature regional industry leaders, economic development agencies, worker representatives, iwi, and government representatives.
The RSLGs are a key part of the Reform of Vocational Education, as the Tertiary Education Commission will take their advice into account when making investment decisions. They also link with the recently-announced reform of temporary work visas. Planning at a regional level can help address skills shortages in the short term, while facilitating the training of more New Zealanders with the skills our workforces need.
Members of RSLGs will provide a local leadership voice and common view into the region's investments in skills and training. They will develop Regional Workforce Plans, which project labour supply needs and outline how to create better and more attractive jobs across the region.
To find out more about RSLGs:
MBIE offers significant opportunity for developing experience across a broad variety of areas. We proactively support development through on-the-job learning and we'll help you manage a healthy work-life balance; with flexi-time, healthcare and financial benefits, along with sports teams and social activities.
How to find out more and apply
Please follow the online process to submit your up to date CV and cover letter.
All applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com or call 04 901 8335
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 30th November.