Property Analyst | Wellington
|Category:||Property and Valuation|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Property Analyst - Sep 2020.docx (Word, 54KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Nov-2020|
- Key role in the Property Team within the Workplace Branch
- Management of the cost allocation model for properties
- Operational business support to the Head of Property
- Information management and reporting
The MBIE Property team is responsible for providing high quality property services and implementing and monitoring the Ministry's property strategy. The Property team provides MBIE with property and accommodation solutions in New Zealand and offshore that are fit for purpose, integrated across government where possible and aligning with Government National Property Standards.
We are looking to secure an outstanding Property Analyst to join our team within the Workplace Branch of MBIE with proven business understanding and perspective who can contribute to the operations of the Property team.
As the Property Analyst, you will report to the Manager Facilities & Property Portfolio and be responsible for ensuring quality and consistency of advice and practices in relation to the team's work. The work includes business planning, performance reporting, and providing support to the Head of Property. These tasks are both specialised and varied in nature so this position will suit someone with superb analytical skills who likes covering a range of topics.
The role requires outstanding communication skills (especially written), and a strong ability to build and maintain effective working relationships. You must be able to identify developing issues, formulate solutions, and have outstanding organisational skills.
The role is a mix of business-as-usual, the review of current practices and processes to improve effectiveness, and the development of new practices and processes.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong financial management skills including the ability to reconcile invoice payments investigate financial issues and work with finance to rectify issues
- Highly-developed customer service skills with a commitment to deliver outcomes
- Be able to quickly identify ways of thinking about the problem or issue and possible pathways forward
- Proactively identify key relationships and possess an ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships
- Strong administration and delivery skills coupled with an attention to detail
- Proven ability to develop, maintain, update information, records and databases and identify trends and variances
- A can-do attitude and a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion
- Good skills in use of Microsoft software packages
- Excellent communication skills
- Innovation and keenness to explore and evaluate new operational delivery practices and approaches
- A demonstrated ability to learn new tasks and to quickly understand new concepts
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant subject
- The legal right to live and work in New Zealand
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Sarah Frost at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1495443 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday the 29th of November 2020.