Manager Facilities & Property Portfolio | Auckland
|Category:||Property and Valuation|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Manager Facilities Property Portfolio FINAL PD.docx (Word, 60KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Nov-2020|
- Key leadership role in the Property Team within the Workplace Branch
- Responsible for the operations and day-to-day management of the Property & Facilities team
- Setting and implementing a strategic plan for the Property & Facilities team
- Overseeing delivery function related to property matters for the branch
- Auckland - based
The MBIE Property team is responsible for providing high quality property services and implementing and monitoring the Ministry's property strategy. The Property team provides MBIE with property and accommodation solutions in New Zealand and offshore that are fit for purpose, integrated across government where possible and aligning with Government National Property Standards.
We are looking to secure an outstanding Manager to join our team within the Workplace Branch of MBIE who can lead strategically and with influence while building trust and be a leader people want to work for.
You will report to the Head of Property and be responsible for the operations and day-to-day management of the Property & Facilities team which includes all training, recruiting, preparing and implementing policies setting and implementing a strategic plan for the Property & Facilities team and a customer centric culture. In addition, you will oversee the delivery function related to property matters for the branch and will be responsible for project management, lease transactions, contributing to and operationalising the property component of the Property and Operational Plan.
The role requires managing people performance and bring out the best in staff to deliver high quality results for customers. You will think, plan, and act strategically and drive innovation and continuous improvement.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong experience in leading commercial and/ or government property processes and systems
- Extensive experience in commercial and/ or government project management and delivery
- Experience in working across large organisations using a relationship approach that results in the effective provision of services
- Experience in working with complex governance
- Significant experience in leading large teams and strong people management skills
- A history of success in a customer focused environment
- Well organised and adept at managing multiple competing priorities
- Ability to communicate information in a clear and logical manner
- Excellent communication, facilitation, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility with managers and staff at all levels
- High standards of professionalism and performance driven
- Property, construction or valuation related degree (preferred) or Tertiary qualification in business
- At least 5 + years commercial experience working specifically in the property industry
- Must have the right to live and work in New Zealand
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Sarah Frost at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1495442 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday the 29th of November 2020.