Principal / Senior / Policy Advisors - Managed Isolation & Quarantine Policy | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD - Principal Policy Advisor, June 2020.pdf (PDF, 401KB)
PD - Senior Policy Advisor, June 2020.pdf (PDF, 391KB)
PD - Policy Advisor, June 2020.pdf (PDF, 348KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Oct-2020|
- This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting policy space to broaden your skills and policy experience
- You will help solve complex policy challenges
- You will get to work on issues that help New Zealand manage the risk from Covid19
- Joining a group of passionate, highly skilled people
- Making a real difference for all New Zealanders
About our roles
Do you want to work in a fast paced environment on work that will help us to eliminate Covid19 from New Zealand? We are looking for highly motivated people with experience in problem solving and formulating high-quality policy advice on a range of work relating to Managed isolation and Quarantine (MIQ). We have a number of roles available at all levels; Principal Advisor, Senior Advisor and Advisor. All roles are offered on a secondment or a fixed term basis (ranging from 6 months to 2 years).
About our Policy Group
MIQ is an important part of our response to Covid19. Our Policy Group supports the protection of the health and wellbeing of people in New Zealand through facilitating the safe flow of people across the border.
We have four teams who provide advice and analysis in the areas of regulation, allocation and supply, strategy, funding models, evaluation and foresight. We work in a fast paced environment, we engage and work collaboratively across the policy teams, wider MIQ operations and with other agencies in government.
Are you who we are looking for?
We are looking for people who want to be part of this important work.
You will need to demonstrate:
- A good base of experience in public policy
- Be a logical thinker, problem solver and be curious and prepared to ask questions
- You enjoy working on complex problems, generating ideas and coming up with solutions
- The ability to work through ambiguity and sometimes work to tight deadlines
- Have the ability to build relationships with others and work collaboratively across the team, group and with other agencies
- Great communication skills (verbal and written)
Click on the APPLY button to submit your CV and cover letter that includes which role you would like to be considered for.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. We welcome your enquiries. For a confidential chat please contact Mel at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1489795
Applications close Wednesday 28 October 2020.