Policy Managers - Managed Isolation & Quarantine Policy | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Policy Manager - Generic - 16102020.pdf (PDF, 683KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Oct-2020|
- Are you an experienced policy manager looking for your next opportunity?
- This is a great opportunity to lead in a dynamic and exciting policy space to broaden your policy skills and management experience
- You will lead a team that is solving complex policy challenges
- You will get to work on issues that help New Zealand manage the risk from Covid19
- Joining a group of passionate, highly skilled people
- Making a real difference for all New Zealanders
Are you who we are looking for?
We are looking for experienced managers who want to be part of leading this important work.
You will need to demonstrate:
- A good base of experience in a public policy environment
- Be a logical thinker, problem solver and be curious and prepared to ask questions
- You enjoy working on complex problems, generating ideas and coming up with solutions
- The ability to work through ambiguity and sometimes work to tight deadlines
- Have the ability to build relationships with others and work collaboratively across the team, group and with other agencies
- Great communication skills (verbal and written)
About our roles
Do you want to work in a fast paced environment on work that will help us to eliminate Covid19 from New Zealand? We are looking for two highly motivated managers with experience in problem solving and formulating high-quality policy advice to join us in Managed isolation and Quarantine (MIQ) Policy.
All roles are offered on a secondment or a fixed term basis (ranging from 6 months to 2 years). MBIE has a flexible working policy that supports its staff to manage a work-life balance.
Manager System and Strategy
We are looking for a manager who can lead a team of people looking at the MIQ model with a number of strategic lenses that will shape future advice on how the system might operate including considerations relating to regulatory stewardship, fees and cost recovery and system roles and responsibilities.
To be suitable for this role you will have strong machinery of government and policy experience, demonstrated regulatory experience and an understanding of financial (in particular fees and levies) and economic models that can be applied in the government context. You will also need to be familiar with the Treaty of Waitangi.
Manager Evidence, Foresight and Reporting
We are looking for a manager who understands the importance of evidence and has demonstrated experience of leading this in a policy environment. The team delivers a range of evidence based functions including foresight mapping and analytics, evaluating and providing advice on current and proposed policy settings, and supporting the Policy Group with its interface with government processes such as select committee reporting.
You will show you have experience working collaboratively with other teams and agencies as you will need to draw from the evidence base held across MBIE and other agencies (in particular the Ministry of Health).
To be suitable for this role you will have a demonstrated track record of management in a role that sits across evidence and policy. You will understand data, foresight and research skills and be able to stand up a work programme to progress this work quickly. You will also need to show how you have led work that reports into Ministers and government accountability processes.
About our Policy Group
MIQ is an important part of our response to Covid 19. Our Policy Group supports the protection of the health and wellbeing of people in New Zealand through facilitating the safe flow of people across the border.
We have four teams who provide advice and analysis in the areas of regulation, allocation and supply, strategy, funding models, evaluation and foresight. We work in a fast paced environment, we engage and work collaboratively across the policy teams, wider MIQ operations and with other agencies in government.
Click on the APPLY button to submit your CV and cover letter that includes which role you would like to be considered for.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. We welcome your enquiries. For a confidential chat please contact Mel at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1489754
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 28 October 2020.