Practice Lead - Programme & Project | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Practice Lead Programme & Project.pdf (PDF, 625KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Oct-2020|
- Join our large, high performing ICT Team
- Work in a complex and evolving ICT environment, with an exciting fast paced pipeline of work
- Permanent position, Wellington
Why work for us?
We're part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE), a future-focused organisation working to grow a strong, high-performing New Zealand economy. Our diverse range of functions and international reach means real career pathways within MBIE as a whole. That's underpinned by regular development and training, and a culture that supports flexible working.
The ICT team within CGI (Corporate, Governance & Information) empowers and enables the technology solutions which are key to the way the Ministry delivers its services to the public. We are a high performing team delivering high impact outcomes.
About the role:
Reporting to the Manager – Project Management & Coordination this position is a specialist position with the purpose of leading programme and project practices across MBIE ICT.
Practice Lead Programme & Project will exercise their practice leadership and:
- Work within MBIE's frameworks and methods for program and project management
- Develop the ICT project methods and tools used by the MBIE ICT programme and project practice
- Promote the use of ICT project methods across MBIE
- Provide strategic & operational advice on the direction of project management disciplines within the MBIE ICT practice
- Ensure the practices takes into account MBIE's standard frameworks for risk management, security, disaster recovery, investment planning, workforce impacts, reporting and accountability
- Ensure that MBIE maintains best practice alignment with the ICT industry, GCIO, other agencies and wider government initiatives
- Train and coach practitioners working as Programme and Project managers
- Set standards for the management of the four key project parameters scope, schedule, cost and quality.
- Provide direction around Agile approaches and capability build within the Solution Delivery function
We are looking for you to demonstrate in your Cover Letter & CV the following:
- In depth knowledge and 7+ years' experience in Programme and Project management and/or IT Delivery under Agile ways of working
- A strategic and analytical thinker who is able to make connections between various aspects of the organisation and is able to prepare a cohesive approach across all the elements of technology-enabled delivery
- Has a demonstrated ability to develop ICT Programme and Project management policies, frameworks procedures and practice guides
- A knowledge and commitment to DevOps principles and Agile ways of working is required
- Has experience in coaching and training practitioners in some of Programme and Project management
- Understanding of ICT functions, environments, business practice and systems
- Demonstrated experience in leading continuous improvement to enhance ICT performance
- Significant experience working within project teams
- Understanding of government operating and decision making procedures
- Experienced in developing solutions to solve complex organisational problems
- Ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships and develop trust, credibility, buy-in and collaboration with managers, staff, vendors and other stakeholders
- Ability to influence and lead work through others to get the best outcomes where direct reporting relationships do not exist
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility with senior managers
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written particularly business writing and reporting.
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent knowledge, skills, and experience
- Certification in PRINCE2 project management methodology and/or Agile project delivery methodology is essential
- Certification in MSP or equivalent is highly desirable
- Certification or equivalent qualification or experience in agile project management is
- Must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a confidential security clearance.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, upload a CV & cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Marc Riddell at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1489453 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 28th October 2020.