Business Information and Planning Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Business Information and Planning Analyst - Finance Systems, Control and Procurement.pdf (PDF, 665KB)
|Application Close Date:||01-Nov-2020|
- Do you have a strong passion and understanding of quality data and information visualisation?
- Use your technical ability and inform key business decisions
- Permanent role, Wellington based
- Analyst level position, Salary range $68K - $81K depending on experience
About the role.
As a Business Information Analyst, you will be responsible for delivering business analysis across medium to high complexity initiatives that delivers value to our Customers. Working within the Procurement team, you will build strong and effective relationships, internally and externally, identifying and sharing best practice within your field of expertise.
In this role you will:
- Assist colleagues in the Procurement team with business information and analysis to provide strategic advice to the business
- Develop monthly/quarterly procurement dashboards and contract management reporting to Leadership Team's and internal stakeholders
- Provide support to the Procurement team, Business groups and Finance and Performance Branch with knowledge of reporting systems and tools
- Provide support to MBIE's Broader Outcomes and sustainability programme
- Provide analysis and financial modelling to inform decisions where required
- Assist in the development of procurement strategies and operating models that support the Finance and Performance business plan
We are looking for people with the following skills and experience:
- Willing to learn and develop their business analysis, planning, performance and reporting skills and the ability to provide high quality and innovative advice
- Willing to develop an understanding of non-financial performance reporting within the Public Sector
- Experience in management reporting in public sector organisations preferred
- Strong modelling skills
- Must consent to and satisfactorily complete a credit check
- Experience in determining data required for reporting purposes and how best to report on benefit realisation
- Demonstrate commitment to effective client servicing and the ability to liaise with staff at all levels within the Ministry
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to clearly communicate technical information in plain language
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
About the team:
The procurement team is part of the Finance Systems and Control branch which sits within the Finance and Performance group. The branch is responsible for the full range of functions, including ensuring MBIE's internal controls are strong and fit-for-purpose, by developing and implementing effective financial policies, procedures, systems and operational finance services that support MBIE's deliverables. Procurement is responsible for providing advice to the business on procurement guidelines, preparing procurement plans and associated documentation, tendering and ensuring compliance with the New Zealand Government Procurement and Property Group (NZGPP) requirements.
Why Work for us?
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad range of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. Applications sent by email will not be accepted.
Email Jo Smith at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1489350 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 1st November 2020.