Financial Accountant | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Financial Accountant - Sep 20.pdf (PDF, 314KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Oct-2020|
- Exciting role for an innovative and energised candidate to join MBIE's Financial Accounting and Control team
- Contribute to the delivery of Financial Accounting services in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Challenge the status go, adopt new and creative ideas, engage with and support others
- Salary range $79K - $94K depending on experience
- Permanent position, Wellington based
About the role
The Financial Accountant contributes to the operations of the Financial Accounting and Control team. This team is responsible for ensuring the completeness and integrity of all General Ledger reporting information and that internal control, compliance and taxation requirements are met.
You will be a financial accounting specialist with experience in implementing and improving financial processes and controls. A proven ability to engage pro-actively with stakeholders on shared objectives and achieve outcomes whilst working proactively in a complex environment will be viewed favourably.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to work across the wider MBIE business and utilise your commercial acumen and relationship management skills to deliver exceptional results.
This role reports to the Financial Accounting Manager in the Finance and Performance business group.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in financial accounting in a medium to large organisation
- Demonstrated problem analysis skills and sound judgement
- Demonstrated communication, facilitation, influencing and interpersonal skills, with the ability to clearly communicate technical information in plain language
- Demonstrated ability to identify and effectively manage risks to maximise outcomes
- A demonstrable commitment to improving financial management
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility with managers and staff
In addition to be considered you:
- Have a Tertiary degree in Accounting
- Are Chartered Accountant qualified
- Must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
Why work for us
- You will be part of an influential, energised and high performing team focused on value add customer service and innovative approach to traditional processes
- Enjoy the challenges associated with identifying barriers and facilitating solutions in a complex environment that is evolving over time
- Enjoy the open plan, friendly and supportive team environment that exists within MBIE
About the organisation and the Group
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow New Zealand for all. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
The Finance and Performance Group has recently gone through a review and change process to ensure the group is best organised to:
- provide greater clarity on accountabilities and responsibilities
- improve the financial control environment and lift audit ratings
- operate at a strategic level, partnering with MBIE's Business Groups to optimise resources and influence strategic decisions
- lift the capability of F&P staff
- provide improved information, analysis and insights to the business enabling better decisions
We believe that the ultimate success the new structure will be about the people operating within it and how they work collaboratively.
We are confident that the new model will lead to us being seen as a truly superb high performing Finance and Performance team, by our stakeholders.
How to find out more and to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website (careers.mbie.govt.nz).
You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. Applications sent via email will not be accepted.
Email Joanne Smith at Joanne.email@example.com quoting reference MBIE/1489273 if you have any further questions.
Applications close 5pm on Monday 26th October 2020.