Senior Content Designer | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Content Designer PD_NEW Aug2020-1 (1).pdf (PDF, 350KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Oct-2020|
- Take a lead role managing content on the INZ website.
- Ensure the delivery of effective, accurate, clear and consistent content – developed with the needs of the audience in mind.
- Write, review, edit and manage the delivery of new and existing content
- Salary range $79K - $94K
About the role.
As Senior Content Designer you will create web content for Immigration's website. You will manage day-to-day requests, and work with subject matter experts (SMEs) to prepare, review and ensure content accuracy.
You will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders and actively look to improve INZ's web content, including providing editorial support.
You will be big on continuous improvement, utilising data and analytics to inform decision making on our content.
We're looking for:
- A natural collaborator, you'll be comfortable building relationships across INZ and MBIE at all levels.
- You'll bring a proven track record of writing great content and understanding which channels to use effectively to reach our audience.
- You'll enjoy working at pace, juggling deadlines and delivering quality outputs, including plain English, customer-centric, fit for purpose content.
- You'll be hands on, happy to get stuck into the day to day work as well as helping to develop our strategic digital channel initiatives.
What you'll bring:
- Demonstrated experience of online content creation and development of digital strategy for websites and social media.
- Experience writing and creating fit for purpose content for different audiences and digital channels
- Knowledge and understanding of web content best practice, including accessibility and plain language.
- Knowledge of Google analytics, you'll be able to use evidence to recommend change.
- Experience conducting content audits and redesigning content for websites.
- You'll be a natural communicator and influencer of people, presenting ideas and bringing them along on the journey.
About the team:
Digital Channels is part of INZ's Information & Education (I&E) team. The I&E team deliver high-quality information and education resources to help migrants and other key stakeholders engage with the immigration sKystem and supports migrants to integrate into New Zealand society.
Immigration New Zealand works with international organisations and industry partners to improve border security and make immigration easier. We lead government strategy designed to help migrants settle into New Zealand.
We are part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE), New Zealand's largest government department. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders.
How to Apply
All applicants must be New Zealand citizens or hold a residence class visa.
Click on the APPLY button below where a position description is also available. Your application must include your CV and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Fi on Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1488942 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 28 October 2020.
No Recruitment Agencies please.