Assessment and Contract Monitoring Assistant | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| JD - Assessor and Contract Monitoring Assistant - JD 2020 October .docx (Word, 58KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Oct-2020|
- Fantastic opportunity for recent graduates with science qualifications
- Gain first hand understanding of the science system and how it operates
- Permanent and fixed term positions in Wellington
About the MBIE
The purpose of the Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow New Zealand for all. Our goal is to create a strong and high performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
MBIE works to better support connect and strengthen businesses. It backs New Zealand's talent, ideas and business enterprise through ensuring safe and fair workplaces, developing and supporting the science and innovation system, better supporting businesses and streamlining regulation.
About the role
As an Assessment and Contract Monitoring Assistant you will join the Science System Investment & Performance branch which is a part of the Labour, Science Enterprise Group (LSE).
The Assessment and Contract Monitoring Assistant reports to the Assessor Manager and works with them to run the assessment processes for science research proposals, coordinate the delivery of the assessor management, provides customer support for Assessors and contribute to the performance monitoring of science investment contracts.
- Oversee the assessment of a portfolio of science investment proposals
- Oversee the assessment of a portfolio of performance monitoring reports of science investments
- Recruit and maintain the College of Assessors
- Participate in business improvement projects
Skills and Experience
- A good understanding of the New Zealand science sector
- Experience in a science and/or research position in New Zealand
- Develop and maintain a good understanding across a wide range of scientific fields
- Team player - collaborates with colleagues to ensure the successful and timely completion of the work
- Flexibility and resilient in responding to changes in priorities and demands for work
- Maintains composure while working under pressure
- Great attention to detail with a methodical working style
- Ethical in dealing with personal and sensitive information
- Fast and accurate completion of tasks
About the team
The team is brought together to achieve common goals. In previous years graduates have enjoyed working in the team because of the interesting work, the knowledge gained and the supportive environment. You will have good management support and a caring and supportive team environment.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below where a position description is also available. Your application must include your CV and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position.
Email Steve Scannell at email@example.com if you have any further questions.
Applications close on Friday 23rd October2020