Senior Policy Advisor - Fixed term / secondment opportunities | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Senior Policy Advisor, June 2020.pdf (PDF, 392KB)
MBIE Team Profile, Senior Policy Advisor, Fixed Term, October 2020 Updated.pdf (PDF, 330KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Oct-2020|
- Help solve complex policy challenges
- Work alongside passionate people and communities
- Make a real difference for all New Zealanders
- Variety Plus - 6 to 24 month Fixed Term / Secondment Opportunities
About our MBIE Policy Community
MBIE has a diverse range of policy, regulatory and service delivery responsibilities that help build the economic success of New Zealand. Our purpose is “grow New Zealand for all” and our work makes a difference to many aspects of New Zealanders' daily lives. This work is all the more important in the post COVID-19 environment as we work towards key government priorities. There couldn't be a better time to join us and make an impact!
MBIE has a well-established public policy community. We work with multiple Ministers across a wide range of subjects; from building and resources, to science and innovation, to Maori economic development, to labour and employment; plus many more. Our work programmes are as interesting as they are varied. For more information on our MBIE policy community go to: MBIE Policy Community.
About our Senior Policy Advisors
Our Senior Policy Advisors work on complex and high profile government projects. They apply their policy expertise and experience to deliver results for New Zealand.
They use their strong communication and influencing skills to engage and work collaboratively with various groups. They have great knowledge of legislative frameworks and processes, Te Tiriti o Waitangi principles, and a strong understanding of the wider political environment to better position New Zealand for the future.
Our Senior Policy Advisors work across different levels to learn from experts and share their own knowledge with others. With the wide variety of work across the different policy areas, there are numerous development opportunities to grow and build their careers within MBIE.
Are you who we are looking for?
We are looking for motivated people with experience in problem solving complex problems and formulating high-quality policy advice for a range of stakeholders and projects.
Ideally you will have:
- Experience leading complex policy projects within central government
- Wide ranging knowledge of policy development disciplines and processes
- Understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi principles and application of these in public policy and partnership with Māori
- Strong stakeholder relationship building, influencing and engagement skills to gain the cooperation and commitment of others
- Demonstrated capability working with Ministers, senior public service officials, internal and external stakeholders
- Passion for leading and coaching others to develop their policy craft and take their careers to the next level
- The ability to work through ambiguity and deliver results
You may be a seasoned policy professional looking for that next challenge or ready to take the next step to a Senior Policy Advisor role – we'd love to hear from you!
We have new opportunities in the following areas (for more information please refer attached Team Profile Document):
- Investment - 6 months
- Employment Relations Policy - 10 months
- Managed Isolation Quarantine (MIQ) 1 - 2 years
- Renewable Energy Programme - 2 years
Come join us and make a difference to New Zealanders
Click on the APPLY button to submit your CV and cover letter noting any special area(s) of interest. Information regarding the teams and their work can be found in the attached Team Profiles document. If you are interested in both the fixed term/secondment and permanent opportunities please note this in your cover letter, no need to apply twice!
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. For a confidential chat please contact Paige email@example.com or Marg firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1487673.
Applications close 21 October 2020