Principal Policy Advisor - New permanent opportunities | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Principal Policy Advisor, June 2020.pdf (PDF, 401KB)
MBIE Team Profile, Principal Policy Advisor, Permanent, October 20.pdf (PDF, 365KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Oct-2020|
- Take the lead to solve complex policy challenges
- Work alongside passionate people and communities
- Make a real difference for all New Zealanders
About our MBIE policy community
MBIE has a diverse range of policy, regulatory and service delivery responsibilities that help build the economic success of New Zealand. Our purpose is “grow New Zealand for all” and our work makes a difference to many aspects of New Zealanders' daily lives. This work is all the more important in the post COVID-19 environment as we work towards key government priorities. There couldn't be a better time to join us and make an impact!
MBIE has a well-established public policy community. We work with multiple Ministers across a wide range of subjects; from building and resources, to science and innovation, to Maori economic development, to labour and employment, plus many more. Our work programmes are as interesting as they are varied. For more information about our MBIE Policy Community go to: MBIE Policy Community.
About our Principal Policy Advisors
Our Principal Policy Advisors take the lead on complex and high profile government policy projects. They apply their policy expertise and influencing skills to deliver results for NZ.
They use their superb communication and influencing skills to engage and work collaboratively with various groups and Ministerial offices. They bring their solid understanding of legislative frameworks and processes, Te Tiriti o Waitangi principles, and the wider political environment to better position New Zealand for the future.
They are part of our policy leadership teams and share their knowledge to support and coach others to improve our public policy capability.
Are you who we are looking for?
We are looking for motivated people with experience leading policy principles in high-profile projects and a track record of problem solving and providing quality advice in complex situations.
Ideally you will have:
- Experience leading complex policy projects within central government
- Understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi principles and application of these in public policy and in partnership with Māori
- Wide ranging knowledge of policy development disciplines and processes
- Strong stakeholder relationship building, influencing and engagement skills to gain the cooperation and commitment of others
- Demonstrated capability in working with Ministers, senior public service officials, internal and external stakeholders
- Passion for leading and coaching others to develop their policy craft and take their careers to the next level
- The ability to work through ambiguity and deliver results
You may be a seasoned policy professional looking for that next challenge or ready to take your next step into a Principal Policy Advisor role – we'd love to hear from you!
These new opportunities are in the following teams (please refer attached Team Profiles for more information):
- Accident Compensation
- Employment Standards
- Health and Safety
- Trade and International
Come join us and make a difference to New Zealanders
Click on the APPLY button to submit your CV and cover letter stating any special area(s)s of interest. Information regarding the teams and their work can be found in the attached Team Profile document. If you wish to be considered for both our permanent and and fixed term/secondment opportunities please also note this on your cover letter, no need to apply twice!
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. We welcome your enquiries – for a confidential chat please contact Paige email@example.com or Marg firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1487606.
Applications close 21 October 2020