Patent Examiner | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Patent Examiner PD Jan 2020.docx (Word, 69KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Oct-2020|
- Excellent career path that combines Engineering and law
- Structured progression framework to senior roles
- Flexible working options that work for you
- Permanent opportunity
We help people protect intellectual property
The Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand (IPONZ) grants and registers IP rights in New Zealand. Patents help people and businesses protect their new inventions by granting a legal right to stop others from making, using, or selling something they have invented. We operate from a great central Wellington location close to buses, trains, and great food. However it may be possible to work in other locations in NZ.
We are looking for an experienced patent examiner for our mechanical, electrical and ICT examination teams
Please note we are looking for an experienced patent examiner for this role. If you don't have previous patent examination experience you should instead consider applying for a trainee patent examiner role, which will be advertised in the near future.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Have previous patent examination experience.
- A degree in mechanical engineering, electrical, mechatronics, or telecommunications engineering or related technical field.
- A strong desire to further their patent examination career.
- Can evaluate complex information quickly to make effective decisions.
- Can clearly communicate complex ideas in written and verbal form in a plain-English style.
- Can prioritise work to meet deadlines.
- Be a conscientious team member who wants to contribute to a great work culture.
- Want to apply your talents to make IPONZ the best patent office in the world.
Benefits of working at IPONZ
- Award winning training program to help you develop a successful career
- Structured and transparent progression pathway to senior level positions
- Flexible working opportunities (e.g., flexible hours, remote working, condensed week)
- Starting salary of <<$79012-$ 94,590>> with appointment to be within that range based on relevant skills and experience.
- A management team who are dedicated to your growth and success
- A friendly and inclusive team environment
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now' and tell us how you would be a great patent examiner.
To find out more about this position and how to join MBIE, please refer to the attached Role Description or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Now' button. This will allow you to register your details and submit your application for this vacancy.
Your application must include a Cover Letter, CV and Transcript (official or unofficial).
Applications close 5pm, 26th of October 2020