Engagement Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Engaement advisor MSG.docx (Word, 67KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Oct-2020|
- Do you know how to achieve better results from effective engagement?
- Have you got experience in executing high quality stakeholder engagement strategies and frameworks?
- Are you looking for a communications and engagement role which requires a variety of skillsets across a range of channels, reaching a range of audiences?
- Join a team that is passionate about helping people participate with confidence in regulatory frameworks.
About the role
Market Services are seeking a capable person to deliver key information through a range of information and education channels, including web platforms, marketing information campaigns and stakeholder engagement and event management.
The role includes communications and event management including online events, presenting in public forums, project planning, writing communications for a range of audiences, and leading the organisation in developing stakeholder engagement strategies using accredited methods in public participation.
The successful applicant will develop and deliver an innovative and effective stakeholder engagement framework, and manage events for our regulated audiences.
Skills and experience required:
- understanding of stakeholder engagement practices, with a working understanding of a wide range of information and education channels, tools and resources
- excellent influencing, interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) – including ability to translate legislation, policy or technical guidance into plain English, and communicate with a range of audiences and channels(web, publications, social media, public events)
- communications and project management experience
- knowledge of public sector processes
- proven experience in developing and delivering initiatives through different methods and channels
- a willingness to work in a flexible and dynamic environment
- must have legal right to live and work in NZ.
- This role can be based in either Wellington Central or Porirua
Specifically, we need an Engagement Advisor who is passionate about community and stakeholder engagement, and who also has good strategic thinking and planning skills. Knowledge of te Ao Maori would be desirable. We're looking for a motivated, high-performing individual to help shape our direction that is passionate about the challenge ahead.
A tertiary qualification, preferably in communications, marketing or web, or extensive and comparable relevant experience working in a complex environment. Project management and stakeholder accreditation (eg, PRINCE2, IAP2) is desirable.
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
The Information and Education team sits with in the Market Services Group. The team's mission is to:
- Shape information and education initiatives that motivate behavioural change, improving how the housing and tenancy system functions.
- Collaborate with the wider regulatory system including internal and external partners to contribute to shared goals and support sector compliance.
- Deliver timely ‘source of truth' information through communication channels to educate audiences about their rights and responsibilities.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email xxx at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1485887 if you have any further questions.
The salary range for this role sits between $68,009 - $81,213 with appointment to be within this range based on skills and relevant experience
Applications close at 5pm on 26th of October 2020.