Senior Solution Architect | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Senior Solution Architect - June 2020.pdf (PDF, 353KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Jun-2021|
- Join our large, high performing Architecture team, provide technical leadership and overall solution guidance
- Work in a complex and evolving ICT environment, exciting and fast paced pipeline of work
- Permanent position, attractive salary on offer, Wellington CBD
Contribute your exceptional analytical, process and solution delivery skills. Join our ICT Technology, Strategy & Architecture team.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Solution Architect with excellent technical, analysis and relationship skills to join the ICT Technology, Strategy and Architecture Team. Working collaboratively with a diverse group of business users, ICT and delivery functions, you will have the opportunity to contribute your knowledge to the many solutions created and implemented along with working on your own assigned projects at MBIE. As Senior Solutions Architect you will provide leadership to the Solutions Architects as and when required and will sit across large programmes of work.
About this role:
The Senior Solution Architect roles are immersed in project delivery; ensuring the solutions are aligned to strategic directions, are sustainable and conform to best practice standards and principles. These roles will primarily sit within the Markets, Labour and Business (MLB) group within MBIE. This group sure has an exciting and busy pipeline of work ahead. These roles will also form part of the wider ICT Technology, Strategy and Architecture team and contribute to the overall practice including developing standards, patterns and exploring re-use opportunities wherever possible.
We are looking for Senior Solutions Architects with 10+ years' experience in Solution Architecture, a solid track record, in-depth understanding of architecture principles, and experience in working within multi-disciplinary teams and in outsourced environments. As a Senior Solution Architects we will expect you to be able to quickly assess projects and programmes, build rapport and credibility with the key stakeholders and make decisions as to how you are going to add value for our business owners.
Your CV will clearly demonstrate your experience in the following:
- A high degree of expertise with cloud technologies, particularly Azure; IaaS, PaaS and SaaS is expected.
- Practical experience in security and integration architectures and platforms will be required, including;
- ESB patterns (Synchronous, Asynchronous etc.)
- Data integration patterns (ETL etc.)
- Identity patterns (Single-Sign-On, Federation, Provisioning etc.)
- API technologies (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- You will be able to demonstrate proficiency in one or more of the following platforms:
- Azure Services – PaaS and IaaS
- Microsoft Power Apps
- Microsoft CRM and Dynamics 365
- Providing technical leadership and overall solution guidance will be part of your daily job, as will working with vendors and developers.
- A demonstrable breadth of experience in your portfolio would be desirable, along with experience in working on projects and programmes across the board – from newly commissioned programmes to enhancements of BAU systems and applications.
Your workload will be constant and varied, and as we move through a life cycle of programmes you will need to be able to keep pace with both the volume, and time pressures, of a high performing team. You will be part of, and supported by, a large and talented Architecture team who collectively provide strategic, technology and governance guidance.
MBIE undertakes large scale implementations where we challenge the status quo, delivering solutions which are innovative, creative and ultimately have a positive impact on the lives of many New Zealanders, it is therefore vital that you have an innate passion to harness technology solutions for maximum impact.
MBIE is committed to career development and you will have the opportunity to learn from your peers and be exposed to learning opportunities to build your knowledge base.
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, upload a CV & cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Amber Tam at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1483580 in the subject line if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 24th June 2021.