Solution Architect | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - ICT Solution Architect - July 2020.pdf (PDF, 349KB)
|Application Close Date:||07-Oct-2020|
- Join our large, high performing Architecture team, provide technical leadership and overall solution guidance
- Work in a complex and evolving ICT environment, exciting and fast paced pipeline of work
- Permanent position, attractive salary on offer, Wellington CBD.
Contribute your exceptional analytical, process and solution delivery skills. Join our ICT Technology, Strategy & Architecture team.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a seasoned Solutions Architect with excellent technical and analysis and relationship skills to join our Ministry. Working collaboratively with a diverse group of business users, ICT and delivery functions, you will have the opportunity to contribute your knowledge to the many solutions created and implemented along with working on your own assigned projects.
The Solution Architect role is immersed in project delivery; ensuring the solutions are aligned to strategic directions, are sustainable and conform to best practice standards and principles. This role will primarily sit within the Market Services group within MBIE and you will become a Subject Matter Expert in these business domains. This group sure has an exciting and busy pipeline of work ahead. The role will also form part of the wider ICT Technology, Strategy and Architecture team and contribute to the overall practice including developing standards, patterns and exploring re-use opportunities wherever possible.
We are looking for a solid track record and in-depth understanding of architecture principles, experience in working within multi-disciplinary teams and in outsourced environments. As an experienced Solution Architect we will expect you to be able to quickly assess projects and programmes, build rapport and credibility with the key stakeholders and make decisions as to how you are going to add value for our business owners.
Your CV will clearly demonstrate your experience in the following:
- A high degree of expertise with cloud technologies, particularly Azure; IaaS, PaaS and SaaS is expected.
- Practical experience in security and integration architectures and platforms will be required, including;
- ESB patterns (Synchronous, Asynchronous etc.)
- Data integration patterns (ETL etc.)
- Identity patterns (Single-Sign-On, Federation, Provisioning etc.)
- API technologies (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- You will be able to demonstrate proficiency in one or more of the following platforms:
- Microsoft Power Apps, including Dynamics 365
- Microsoft O365
- Providing technical leadership and overall solution guidance will be part of your daily job, as will working with vendors and developers.
- A demonstrable breadth of experience in your portfolio would be desirable, along with experience in working on projects and programmes across the board – from newly commissioned programmes to enhancements of BAU systems and applications.
Your workload will be constant and varied, and as we move through a life cycle of programmes you will need to be able to keep pace with both the volume, and time pressures, of a high performing team. You will be part of, and supported by, a large and talented Architecture team who collectively provide strategic, technology and governance guidance.
MBIE undertakes large scale implementations where we challenge the status quo, delivering solutions which are innovative, creative and ultimately have a positive impact on the lives of many New Zealanders, it is therefore vital that you have an innate passion to harness technology solutions for maximum impact.
MBIE is committed to career development and you will have the opportunity to learn from your peers and be exposed to learning opportunities to build your knowledge base.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, upload a CV & cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Marc Riddell at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1483578 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 7th September 2020.