Senior Analyst, Systems & Security | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Senior Analyst Systems Security CERT NZ SSD MS Sep 2020 V2.0.pdf (PDF, 668KB)
|Application Close Date:||04-Oct-2020|
- Responsible for the development, design, configuration and maintenance of CERT NZ's specialist software and systems
- Diverse and challenging operating environment
- Wellington based location, Permanent opportunity
- Industry competitive salary
CERT NZ works to support businesses, organisations and individuals who are affected (or may be affected) by cyber security incidents. We provide trusted and authoritative information and advice, while also collating a profile of the threat landscape in New Zealand.
CERT NZ's primary goal is to improve cyber security in New Zealand, which means:
- Increased comprehension of the threat landscape
- Better avoidance of incidents, and
- Reducing the impact of incidents.
CERT NZ is New Zealand's national Computer Emergency Response Team. We investigate cyber security incident reports, track cyber security incidents and attacks, and provide advice to New Zealanders on how to respond to and prevent further attacks. We work closely with our international counterparts across more than 100 other national CERTs to prevent and respond to cyber security incidents.
CERT NZ is looking for a senior Linux sysadmin to join a small team of highly skilled and motivated peers as a Senior Analyst, Systems & Security.
Along with the rest of the Systems team, you'll build and maintain the systems used by CERT NZ to receive and analyse security incidents. You will have a high degree of input and ownership of these systems, and will have the opportunity to drive improvement in the tools, technology, and processes used at CERT NZ. The security of our network and data is of paramount importance, and the Systems team are the front line in maintaining that security.
We're focused on developing our staff through internal and external training, and speaking opportunities are also available for interested applicants.
To be successful in this role, you'll have:
- Expert knowledge and experience of Linux administration
- Experience with virtualisation and cloud platforms
- Strong communications skills, written and oral
- The ability to pick up new systems and processes quickly
- A solid understanding of security controls and how to mitigate threats
- Must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
- Existing government security clearance or the ability to gain and maintain such a clearance (Please see this link to the public NZSIS information for further information about the vetting process for national security clearances: https://protectivesecurity.govt.nz/personnel-security/clearances/)
In addition, it would be great if you have one or more of the following:
- Coding/development skills, particularly Python
- A sound understanding of threats and the threat landscape
- Experience managing network infrastructure (routers, firewalls)
- Experience with automation and orchestration tools within a Linux environment (eg configuration management, CI/CD)
- Building and maintaining Linux packages (deb, rpm)
- Windows administration experience
To apply please click ‘Apply online' to complete our application form, include a cover letter addressing your suitability for the role, and a CV.
Email Monica Chow on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Applications close on at 5pm, 4th October 2020.