Analyst, Systems & Security | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Analyst Systems Security CERT NZ SSD MS Sep 2020 V2.0.pdf (PDF, 666KB)
|Application Close Date:||04-Oct-2020|
- We're creating a secure and resilient online New Zealand, come and join us!
- Your information security knowledge combined with a drive to help New Zealanders will be an asset to our team
- Permanent opportunity, Wellington office
- Industry competitive salary
CERT NZ works to support businesses, organisations and individuals who are affected (or may be affected) by cyber security incidents. We provide trusted and authoritative information and advice, while also collating a profile of the threat landscape in New Zealand.
CERT NZ's primary goal is to improve cyber security in New Zealand, which means:
- Increased comprehension of the threat landscape
- Better avoidance of incidents, and
- Reducing the impact of incidents.
CERT NZ is New Zealand's national Computer Emergency Response Team. We investigate cyber security incident reports, track cyber security incidents and attacks, and provide advice to New Zealanders on how to respond to and prevent further attacks. We work closely with our international counterparts across more than 100 other national CERTs to prevent and respond to cyber security incidents.
CERT NZ is looking for a Linux sysadmin to join a small team of highly skilled and motivated peers as an Analyst, Systems & Security.
Along with the rest of the Systems team, you'll build and maintain the systems used by CERT NZ to receive and analyse security incidents. You will have a degree of input and ownership of these systems, and will have the opportunity to drive improvement in the tools, technology, and processes used at CERT NZ. The security of our network and data is of paramount importance, and the Systems team are the front line in maintaining that security.
We're focused on developing our staff through internal and external training, and speaking opportunities are also available for interested applicants.
To be successful in this role, you'll have:
- Experience in Linux system administration
- A passion for information security
- Existing government security clearance or the ability to gain and maintain such a clearance (Please see this link to the public NZSIS information for further information about the vetting process for national security clearances: https://protectivesecurity.govt.nz/personnel-security/clearances/)
- Legally entitled to live and work in New Zealand.
In addition, it would be great if you have one or more of the following:
- Cloud (AWS/ Azure) experience
- Familiar with Python scripting and development
- Experience with automation and orchestration tools within a Linux environment (eg configuration management, CI/CD)
- Incident response experience or training
- Experience administering network equipment
- Windows administration experience
To find out more about this position and how to join MBIE, please refer to the attached Role Description or contact Monica Chow at email@example.com.
To apply please click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Sunday 4th October 2020.