Senior Advisor, Wellbeing, Health and Safety | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Senior Advisor WHS - PD August 2020.pdf (PDF, 584KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Nov-2020|
- 2-year fixed term role
- Support the ongoing development of a great wellbeing, health and safety culture across MBIE
- Supporting wider MBIE and the Managed Isolation and Quarantine Group
Why work for us?
Our goal is to help MBIE create a strong and high-performing economy across New Zealand by creating an environment that is safe and healthy to work in, where people can come to work confident that they can be themselves, give of their best and go home at the end of the day, fit and well.
We are also in the process taking on responsibility for the 32 Managed Isolation and Quarantine Facilities across New Zealand, supporting the country to stop COVID-19 spreading through our communities and we are going to play a key role in making this happen.
This position is responsible for providing expert advice on wellbeing, health and safety and implementing effective wellbeing, health and safety strategies, policies and practices.
Specifically, the functions of this position are to exercise a wide range of wellbeing, health and safety practitioner skills and expertise, including injury and illness management, to support the Wellbeing, Health and Safety team to create and maintain a proactive wellbeing, health and safety culture.
Skills and experience required:
To be successful you will need to be able to demonstrate significant knowledge and experience in:
- Being client focused – building relationships and delivering on complex and competing needs
- Managing wellbeing, health and safety in a complex and high-risk safety sensitive environment
- Delivering hands on health and safety policy, procedures and systems, including data management and reporting
- Current health and safety legislation and relevant regulations
- Successful staff safety promotion and developing strategies to implement these operationally
- Working with teams in dispersed geographical locations
- Development, preparation and monitoring of service delivery performance measures and reporting against these
- Injury and illness management and the ACC Accredited Employer Partnership Programme, including the standards required for audit of the programme
- Accident and incident investigation and leading the implementation of lessons learned.
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Sarah Frost at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1478901 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday the 29th of November 2020.