Procurement Graduate Programme 2021 | Auckland
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD - Procurement Graduate Programme.pdf (PDF, 301KB)
|Application Close Date:||16-Aug-2020|
- One of the fastest growing professions in Australasia
- Work across a number of government agencies and sectors
- Build skills and your network
- Two-year programme, starting February 2021
- Auckland and Wellington based positions
The New Zealand Government Procurement Graduate Programme has been created to develop tomorrow's procurement leaders. We need great communicators, passionate collaborators, big-picture thinkers and driven problem solvers.
If you want to make a direct impact helping government agencies achieve their strategic and commercial outcomes and deliver value for New Zealanders, the Procurement Graduate programme is the one for you.
To give you a breadth of experience, you will be placed at different government agencies and work alongside experienced procurement practitioners across a variety of projects. You will get to know the different stages of the procurement lifecycle, from strategy and market analysis through to contract management. You will make a direct impact on helping government agencies to achieve their strategic and commercial outcomes.
You will also gain the critical skills necessary to accelerate your career in procurement.
This is a graduate programme like no other.
- Two-year programme with four placements across our partner government agencies.
- Professional skills development through mentoring, a buddy programme, networking events and training.
- Opportunities in both Auckland and Wellington.
- Fast-track programme growing your expertise in procurement, commercial and relationship management skills.
- Work on interesting projects and gain a breadth of practical experiences in procurement across different sectors (ICT, infrastructure, health, etc.).
- Exposure to a wide network of experienced procurement professionals.
- Competitive salary.
Our partner agencies
We partner with a growing group of agencies to offer placements. Some of the government agencies our graduates have had placements include Auckland Transport, Department of Internal Affairs, Kainga Ora, Ministry of Social Development, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, NZ Health Partnerships and PHARMAC.
Who should apply?
The programme is tailored to early career professionals with little to no work experience and we are open to students from a variety of degrees and tertiary backgrounds. You need to be a recent graduate or a student in your final year of study in 2020 and have the right to live and work in New Zealand.
We are looking for talent who:
• can easily adapt and work fluidly in fast-paced, ever-changing environments
• are engaging, dynamic and eager to learn
• can demonstrate leadership skills and is a solutions-focused thinker
There are four stages to our selection process; you will only be progressed to the next stage should your application meet our predefined criterion.
1. Online application form: You will need to upload your CV, cover letter, official/unofficial academic record as well as answer a number of competency-based questions.
To work out your GPA, please use the University of Victoria calculator
2. Competency-based video interview.
3. Written assessment.
4. Panel interview.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our careers website and to see a position description.
Your application will need to include:
- Cover Letter – tell us why you're motivated to join the Procurement Graduate programme and why it's appealing to you as a profession; please address this to the Graduate Recruitment Team.
- Current academic transcript (official or unofficial)
- You will also be asked to complete an application form to confirm you meet the minimum criteria
Applications close Sunday, 16 August 2020