Senior Research and Data Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| JD Senior Research and Data Analyst (1).pdf (PDF, 380KB)
|Application Close Date:||15-Jul-2020|
- Are you good at leading data projects?
- Can you bridge the gap between data and policy?
- Are you a problem solver?
- Can you work on multiple tasks with short-deadlines?
- Are you an excellent communicator, confident about your abilities yet willing to learn more?
We are seeking a Senior Research and Data Analyst for the Migration team
The Evidence and Insights branch has people in multi-disciplinary teams focused on specific subject matter areas. The Migration team provides analysis and advice on the impact of migration on New Zealand's population, economy, labour market and society, using cutting edge tools and innovative approaches to data analysis. We support and influence the policy debate and provide direct advice to Government and information to stakeholders and the public.
The Migration team is developing new approaches to the use of administrative and survey data on immigration. We are looking for a Senior Research and Data Analyst to make a major contribution to this work. The role will be largely focussed on leading a programme of work to extract, manipulate and analyse immigration data and connect it to administrative data from across the public sector.
To be successful in this role you will need the following experience and attributes:
- Translating economic and labour market data into compelling narratives
- Planning and leading complex analytical projects and work programs
- Using computer code to extract, manipulate and analyse data in a logical and methodical fashion
- Analysing unit record administrative and survey data using advanced quantitative analytic techniques
- Responding to multiple data requests in a timely fashion with limited direction and guidance
- Working with policy teams and other stakeholders to understand the issues relevant to them and advising them on how data can provide relevant insights
- Have a passion for problem solving and continuous improvement that you have applied to finding innovate methods to better meet stakeholders' data needs
- Fostering an open, collaborative results-driven environment that encourages quality, innovation, on-going learning and knowledge sharing
Experience working with Statistics New Zealand's Integrated Data Infrastructure would be an advantage.
To find out more about these positions, please click on the ‘Apply' button below to view the Job Description. From there, you will also be able to register your details and submit your application for the vacancy which interests you.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. Please email Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz referring to MBIE/1468300 if you have any further questions.
Applications close on Wednesday 15 July 2020.