Intelligence Analyst | Wellington
|Attachments:|| Intelligence - Intelligence Analyst PD - May 2020.pdf (PDF, 354KB)
|Application Close Date:||03-Jun-2020|
- Work in partnership with a range of New Zealand agencies to refine intelligence needs, produce actionable intelligence
- Develop your analytical and report writing skills, across multiple streams of information, to build a coherent and useful story
- Build awareness of wider government agencies and how they interact to respond to a Government requirement.
About the role
The Intelligence Analyst – Irregular Migration is the New Zealand community lead on maritime irregular migration issues. This role works to provide intelligence services to the Programme Manager Irregular Migration and other government agencies that contribute to the National Security System.
The Irregular Migration team is a small team, belonging to the MBIE Intelligence Unit (MIU). The MIU has National Security obligations, as well as working with domestic and international agencies on law enforcement and regulatory issues.
This is a fixed term position to 23 November 2020.
Skills and experience required:
We are keen to hear from you if you:
- Are currently working in an intelligence unit
- Have knowledge of intelligence techniques and processes to help shape intelligence products
- Have the ability to analyse and evaluate different types of data and information from multiple sources, to produce high quality intelligence products
- Have a current TS security clearance.
About the team
The MBIE Intelligence Unit (MIU) sits within the Intelligence, Data and Insights Group, which is part of Immigration New Zealand.
Why work for us?
MBIE is a great place to work and the MIU does exciting work. This is an opportunity to see the role that intelligence has in the wider context – not just supporting the National Security System, but how it informs decisions about regulatory and compliance activities too.
The MIU is responsible for providing analysis to enable customers to effectively plan, target, resource and collect evidence for compliance and regulatory activities.
The Irregular Migration mission works closely with a number of core customers, namely MFAT, NZDF, Customs and the NZIC. This role provides an opportunity to help develop your understanding of the intelligence community and the role they play in supporting Government.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply
Applicants must hold citizenship or residency to be eligible to apply for roles within Immigration New Zealand. Additionally, only candidates with a current Top Secret clearance will be eligible to apply for this role.
If you want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, register your interest in this opportunity by clicking “Apply Now” and upload your CV and cover letter. If you would like to have a confidential conversation please contact Phil Attenborough on firstname.lastname@example.org, or call on 021 819 582. Alternatively please email Mel Holland at email@example.com quoting reference MBIE/1462697 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 3 June 2020.