Programme Support Lead | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD Programme Support Lead, LAS Programme.pdf (PDF, 382KB)
|Application Close Date:||31-Mar-2020|
- Secondment/Fixed – term for 24 months
- Wellington-based role in the Immigration New Zealand
- Ability to make a difference for refugees and migrants settling in New Zealand
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly organised project professional to join our programme team and support the activities to deliver the outcomes of the Language Assistance Services Programme. This is a fixed-term role for 24 months and it will be fast-paced with high volume work, deadlines to manage and the chance to work with teams of professionals from government and industry to get a critical phase of the work programme completed.
We're looking for an enthusiastic person with a can-do attitude and very strong track record in programme and project administration, a collaborative style with a delivery focus and stakeholder relationship skills. The successful candidate will be expected to manage a wide range of coordination, administration, and reporting tasks across the programme and its individual projects.
Skills and experience required
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Knowledge of public sector requirements and processes
- Ability to deal with new concepts and complexity comfortably
- Demonstrated experience in supporting multiple teams and responding to changes in priorities
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Proven track record of providing administrative support across all levels, especially to senior/executive leadership
- Wide-ranging knowledge of administration systems and processes
- Ability to prioritise and schedule work to meet deadlines and maintain the quality of services delivered
- Knowledge and understanding of working within a government agency.
About the team
The Language Assistance Services Programme is a cross-government work programme to improve access to public services and information for people with limited English competence, such as refugees and migrants. The programme will establish a new approach to delivering language assistance services, such as interpreting and translation, across government.
The programme is managed within the Refugee and Migrant Support team, in the Refugee and Migrant Services branch of Immigration New Zealand.
Why work for us
We offer a collaborative workplace and the opportunity to be part of a high performing programme team who are playing their part in making a difference for refugees and migrants settling in New Zealand. We aim to create a culture where staff are empowered to bring fresh perspectives to issues and to think outside the box.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MBIE/1456995 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5.00pm on 31 March 2020.