Business Rules Specialist | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Targeting Analytics Insights - Business Rules Specialist position description (March 2020).docx (Word, 63KB)
|Application Close Date:||31-Mar-2020|
- Join a diverse and supportive team making a difference
- Opportunity to use your skills and knowledge in growing the business rules capability at Immigration New Zealand
- Permanent position – Wellington location
This position is based within the Joint Targeting and Analytics team, and is part of the Intelligence, Data and Insights Branch within Immigration New Zealand.
Immigration New Zealand works with international organisations and industry partners to improve border security and make immigration easier. We lead government strategy designed to help migrants settle into New Zealand.
Our values are part of everything we do. Our people are strong collaborators who believe we are always Better Together – Mahi Tahi. We are Bold and Brave- Maia in the way we create, innovate, learn and share. We take charge of Building Our Future – Pono Me Te Tika and we Own It – Pae Kahurangi in everything we do.
We are part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE), New Zealand's largest government department. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders.
About the role.
The Business Rules Specialist is a team member position in MBIE. The Business Rules Specialist will bring their business understanding and perspective to work in partnership with their manager and other staff.
The Business Rules Specialist contributes to the operations of the Joint Analytics and Targeting team. The team is responsible for developing targeting to support immigration decision makers.
The Business Rules Specialist is responsible for developing and maintaining business rules to support the triage framework mechanism. The role is responsible for writing and testing business rules using syntax and vocab in a rules engine. They will also be responsible for evaluating the effectiveness and performance of business rules in test environments prior to production releases. The role is required to make recommendations on business rule design and implementation. The role will also support the MBIE release and deployment process in order to comply with ICT standard production release mechanisms.
Skills and experience required:
- Ability to translate business rule requirement into implementable rules (logic statements) within a rules engine.
- Good understanding of syntax, vocabulary and logic in a rules engine, reporting, or similar tool.
- Experience working with data.
- Experience developing and testing business rules using rules engine software.
- Ability to work with ICT project teams and external suppliers in the design, testing and implementation phases of the rules development process.
- Experience of ICT Software Development Lifecycle and release / deployment process would be an advantage.
- Ability to develop the governance and rule management processes and procedures for use by analysts to manage rules.
- Ability to work independently, a can-do attitude, excellent command of the English language, and can quickly assimilate new information or areas of work.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to develop trust and credibility with managers and staff, and develop strong working relationships with them.
- Must be a New Zealand citizen or be a permanent resident
Why work for us?
You will be part of a team making a real difference for New Zealand. You will also benefit from:
- 23 days annual leave
- Flexible working opportunities
- Exposure across NZ's largest government Ministry
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Please e-mail email@example.com quoting reference MBIE/1456668 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5.00pm on 31 March 2020.