Technical Officer Licensing | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Technical Officer Licensing, RSM Feb 2020.pdf (PDF, 686KB)
|Application Close Date:||09-Apr-2020|
- Work in a rapidly developing field that is critical to New Zealand's economic development
- Show your exceptional customer service skills in regulatory environment
- Wellington based opportunity, Permanent role
Radio Spectrum Management (RSM) is responsible for the allocation, regulation and compliance monitoring of radio spectrum use within New Zealand. This covers many services, including but not limited to, TV, AM/FM radio broadcasting, cellular mobile, satellite earth stations, trunked land mobile, maritime, aeronautical and short range devices.
We have a vacancy for Technical Officer in the Radio Spectrum Management (RSM) team in the Wellington office within MBIE.
As a Technical Officer you will be responsible for maintaining the regulatory responsibilities of the Radio Spectrum Management Group in accordance with the requirements of the Radiocommunications Act 1989 and Radiocommunications Regulations 2001 and based upon operational decisions, policies and practices.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to balance policy and technical issues and present issues with simplicity and clarity that can be understood by a range of audiences.
- Radiocommunications experience desirable
- Good analytical and conceptual thinking ability
- Self-managing – has ability to work independently
- Capable of developing alternative solutions to achieving desired outcomes
- Can-do attitude
- Ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships
- Good written and oral presentation skills
To find out more about this position and how to join MBIE, please refer to the attached Role Description or contact Monica Chow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Applications close at 5.00pm on 2nd April 2020.