Senior Finance Business Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Senior Finance Business Analyst PD - Feb 2020.pdf (PDF, 430KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Feb-2020|
- Exciting newly created opportunity for a Senior Finance Business Analyst within the Provincial Development Unit
- Bring your expert financial modelling and business analysis skills and experience, to compile analytical reports and identify relevant insights that highlight opportunities for improvement
- Make recommendations that support the Finance Business Partnering team to develop initiatives and strategies to increase efficiency and productivity across MBIE
- 12 month fixed-term opportunity, Wellington based
About the role:
The Senior Finance Business Analyst reports to the Manager Finance Business Partnering – Provincial Development Unit within the Finance Business Partnering branch of F+P. The Senior Finance Business Analyst will support a customer-centric approach and work closely between multiple teams across F+P and the Business Groups to ensure that accurate, high quality, financial and non-financial information, is provided and clearly communicated, to influence and support the needs, goals and requirements of decision makers.
The Senior Finance Business Analyst will bring their expert financial modelling and business analysis skills and experience, to compile analytical reports and identify relevant insights that highlight inefficiencies and opportunities. They will make recommendations that support the Finance Business Partnering team to develop initiatives and strategies to increase efficiency and productivity across MBIE.
The Senior Finance Business Analyst will be located with the Provincial Development Unit who oversees the Provincial Growth Fund.
Skills and Experience:
We are keen to hear from candidates with the following:
- Experience in forecasting, budgeting and financial analysis combined with understanding of key performance indicators within large, complex and diverse organisations
- Extensive experience undertaking in depth financial and business analysis using modelling techniques and systems to support and provide financial insights to key stakeholders
- Proven experience in managing diverse stakeholder relationships to drive outcomes through recommendation of fresh initiatives for financial planning and business intelligence systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to confidently convey complex financial information simply and concisely
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility with managers and staff
- Significant experience coordinating the preparation of operating and capital budgets
- High standards of professionalism and performance driven
- Proven experience in working within culture of continuous improvement
- Must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
Education and Professional Memberships
- Tertiary qualification in accounting, business administration or management supported by at least 5 years relevant work experience
- CAANZ Chartered Accountant qualification (or equivalent)
About the branch:
The Finance Business Partnering branch, which sits within F+P, works in partnership with business groups, supporting them to deliver their services effectively and efficiently, allowing the Ministry to achieve its outcomes. The Finance Business Partnering branch is the conduit between F+P and the business groups.
Why work for us:
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad variety of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
The F+P is on a journey to become a genuinely outstanding function that is recognised as such by its stakeholders. In this role you will help guide our direction as we continue on that journey.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Please e-mail Jo Smith at email@example.com quoting reference MBIE/1449960 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 23rd February 2020.