Chair of the Electricity Authority | Wellington
|Category:||Boards and Governance|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Part Time|
|Attachments:|| Electricity Authority Chair Position Description - February 2020.docx (Word, 71KB)
|Application Close Date:||02-Mar-2020|
Chair of the Electricity Authority
On behalf of the Minister of Energy and Resources, the Ministry for Business, Innovation and Employment is seeking applications from candidates who are interested in bringing their extensive skills and experience to the role of Chair of the Electricity Authority.
The Electricity Authority is responsible for the governance and regulation of the electricity sector. The Authority's objective is to promote competition in, reliable supply by, and efficient operation of, the electricity market for the long-term benefit of consumers.
The Electricity Authority is now seeking a new Chair. We welcome applications from outstanding candidates who want to be considered for this pivotal role in the electricity sector and are able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- exceptional governance experience, ideally including experience as a chair
- experience in the operation of large commercial entities and strong business acumen
- extensive knowledge of regulatory issues, such as regulatory compliance, regulatory systems management and regulatory economics.
Deep experience in and understanding of the following areas would also be useful:
- industries which use, produce or convey large volumes of electricity
- climate change and lowering climate emissions, and associated innovation and/or technology
- major infrastructure projects.
This is a contestable process and applications will be assessed according to the skills and experience the Authority requires at this particular time.
MBIE is committed to considering candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds, including age, gender, ethnicity and geographic locations, to enable the Authority to be
Candidates wishing to put forward an expression of interest should enclose a copy of their CV and submit a cover letter outlining why they wish to be a member of the Electricity Authority. Please refer to the attached position description for more details.
Applications close on Monday, 2 March 2020.
For enquiries about the position, please contact email@example.com