Executive Assistant - GM Regulatory Stewardship | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Executive Assistant - October 2019 -spp.docx (Word, 66KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Feb-2020|
- Provide high-calibre support to GM in Strategic Policy and Programmes
- Flexible role
- Permanent opportunity, Wellington CBD
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Executive Assistant to provide high calibre, confidential support to the GM Regulatory Stewardship in the Strategic Policy and Programmes (SPP) branch. Working in a dynamic and changing environment, you will be responsible for diary management, preparation of documentation, arranging travel, event management, organising external and internal appointments and working with the wider support team.
A strong client focus is important as well as the ability to build a strong understanding of SPP, its priorities and business plans and the key stakeholders with which it interacts. You will maintain effective internal and external relationships, deal with high level, urgent and confidential issues and work effectively with the teams as needed.
You'll always be two steps ahead, anticipating what is required and when, whilst ensuring that tasks are completed to a high level.
You will be working with the wider team, supporting the workload of EAs in the Group and other general administrative tasks as required.
Skills and Experience:
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Demonstrated experience within a EA role at a Senior level
- Wide ranging knowledge of administration systems and processes
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- A strong customer focus and ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships and to develop trust and credibility with senior managers, staff and key internal and external stakeholders
- Significant experience and proficiency covering Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Able to organise and prioritise workloads effectively, to ensure high quality results within deadlines
- A proactive, can-do attitude with a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion
- Exceptional teamwork and collaborative abilities and a willingness to share knowledge and expertise with others
- Highly developed communication and writing skills
Above all you must be a collaborative team player ready and willing to support the wider team
About the Group:
The Executive Assistant reports into the General Manager Regulatory Stewardship in the Strategic Policy and Programmes branch.
The Strategic Policy and Programmes Group's mission is ‘Looking ahead, working across – Haumi ē, Hui ē, Tāiki e!'
The Group comprises the following functions:
- Te Kupenga - Māori Economic Development Unit
- Chief Economist
- Economic Strategy
- Regulatory Systems Stewardship and Assurance
Why work for us?
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad range of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Steve Scannell at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1448967 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 26th February