Analyst/Research and Data Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| HBUS JD Analyst - CGI EI - February 2020.pdf (PDF, 350KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Feb-2020|
- Are you good with evidence and insights?
- Do you bring a mix of qualitative and quantitative skills?
- Are you lively, an excellent communicator, confident about your abilities yet willing to learn more?
- Are you interested in building your evaluation skillset, working alongside other experienced evaluators?
We have an exciting opportunity for a mid-level or emerging analyst to join the Building and Tenancy Evidence & Insights team at MBIE.
Why work for us?
MBIE's Evidence and Insights branch develops the evidence base for MBIE's decision making. We provide trusted information on the impact and effectiveness of government initiatives. We provide the data, analysis, and insights that help decision-makers do their best work. We support and influence the policy debate and provide direct advice to Government and information to stakeholders and the public. With over 70 staff, we have a broad range of expertise and offer excellent opportunities for development.
The Building and Tenancy team is a multidisciplinary group delivering research, analytics and evaluation, focused primarily on the building system. We are looking for someone who will bring curiosity and new perspectives to the team.
About the role
As a permanent employee within the Building and Tenancy team, you will be engaging with policy and operational teams within MBIE and other parts of government, and with industry stakeholders. You will work also with the building research community, and provide evidence and analysis to a wide range of people who have a stake in the building system. You will be interested in the building system and/or regulatory settings more generally.
We value creative and curious minds, and we will expose you to advanced qualitative and quantitative techniques and challenge your thinking.
A social science or economics qualification, and the ability to contribute across the range of the team's work, supporting evaluation projects but also being comfortable with data, would be a strong advantage.
Skills and experience required
- Have a willingness to learn.
- Enjoy working with policy teams to understand the issues relevant to them and how research might provide relevant insights to them
- Foster an open, collaborative environment that encourages quality, innovation, on-going learning and knowledge sharing
- Be able to work independently as well as seek advice when needed
- Be able to develop and implement projects and deliver results
- Be customer-focused and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Have a legal right to live and work in NZ
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Fi Sanderson at Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE-1448923 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 26 February 2020.