Senior Advisor - Privacy | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Advisor Privacy PD - Feb 2020.pdf (PDF, 321KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Feb-2020|
- Support the ongoing delivery of the Ministry's privacy programme, to support the legitimate and safe use of personal information to help MBIE to “Grow New Zealand for All”
- Work across the Ministry, with leaders, managers and staff, to understand current privacy practices and design and promote best-practice policies, processes and system
- Provide advice and guidance on the Privacy Act and personal information management in a complex and dynamic environment
- Permanent Wellington-based opportunity
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Advisor with a passion for and a solid background in privacy within Government to join our dynamic team on the Ministry's privacy programme. The programme will embed privacy and personal information management at MBIE. The role includes working with leaders, managers and staff at all levels across the Ministry to provide privacy advisory and support services and to embed privacy best practice. Ideally, your background in privacy, law, auditing or Ministerial servicing provides you with the technical experience and skills required for this senior position.
Skills and experience required:
The Senior Advisor - Privacy will have:
- A solid knowledge and understanding of Privacy legislation, policy and processes
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong and persuasive communications including written and oral presentation skills
- Good relationship management skills
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Demonstrated high levels of integrity and flexibility
- Negotiating and influencing positive outcomes
- High degree of initiative and drive
- Strategic, enthusiastic, opportunistic, collaborative and diplomatic
- Tertiary qualification or comparable relevant experience
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ.
MBIE works to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We work with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improve job opportunities and ensure quality housing is more affordable.
These aspirations are echoed in our Maori identity – Hikina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
As the New Zealand Government's lead business-facing agency, we are changing the way government works for, and with, business.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Please e-mail Jo Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MBIE/1448695 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 27th February 2020.