Advisor Protective Security | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Advisor, Protective Security - Jan 2020.pdf (PDF, 355KB)
|Application Close Date:||30-Jan-2020|
- Use your security and risk expertise to really help to make a difference
- Key role in the delivery of strategic security policy
- Permanent, central Wellington based role
About the Team:
The Security and Emergency Management Team governs and manages the policies, standards, processes and procedures that have been developed to help us work together to protect the people, information and assets here at the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE). We are responsible for meeting the Government's expectations for managing protective security by balancing our security risks with our business needs. As a team we work together to ensure that everyone at MBIE takes responsibility for our security behaviour.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Security Advisor specialising in security assurance or operational security to join this team focusing on supporting the domains of information, physical and personnel security at MBIE, one of New Zealand's biggest Ministries with a global presence. As a Security Advisor you will play a key role in the delivery of strategic security policy, as well as managing MBIE's security administration functions. As a confident communicator, you will have strong stakeholder relationship skills combined with the ability to develop and maintain relationships with a broad range of people of varying backgrounds in both our New Zealand and offshore offices.
Our team is motivated, curious and positive and we encourage like-minded individuals keen to progress their career with MBIE to get on board.
What we are looking for:
- Proven success and demonstrable experience in a security assurance or operational security environment
- Proven analytical and data presentation skills
- Practical knowledge of common security controls and their application to processes and systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A track record of developing and delivering pragmatic and commensurate security expertise and advice
- Proven skills in risk management including the selection, development and delivery of methodology
- Understanding of the Protective Security Requirements and the Information Security Manual
- Knowledge of project planning and the ability to implement systems for planning and tracking work programmes
- Sound analytical skills – able to see the big picture, make connections and appropriate decisions
- Strong team player
MBIE works to better support connect and strengthen businesses and Grow New Zealand for All. It backs New Zealand's talent, ideas and business enterprise through ensuring safe and fair workplaces, developing and supporting the science and innovation system, better supporting businesses and streamlining regulation.
Applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET government security clearance. In order to achieve this they must be a New Zealand citizen or resident who has resided continuously in this country for 10 years, OR a citizen of Australia, Canada, The United Kingdom, or The United States of America; and have resided continuously in one or more of those countries for the past 10 years prior to application, with a background history which is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a high level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1443549 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm, Thursday 30 January 2020.