Senior Iwi and Regional Relationship Advisor | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Iwi and Regional Relationship Advisor.pdf (PDF, 364KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Jan-2020|
- Help Energy and Resource Markets meet its Treaty obligations
- Work in a high profile, cross-government, multi-cultural environment
- Great role to utilise your relationship management skills
About the role
The Senior Iwi and Regional Relationship advisor will bring their expertise and perspective to the Energy and Resource Markets (ERM) branch in MBIE in supporting and ensuring:
- ERM effectively participates in the Treaty settlement negotiation and legislative processes
- ERM Treaty settlement redress is implemented in a timely and effective manner
- Iwi and Māori stakeholder relationships are developed and maintained
This role is responsible for providing advice and actively engaging, liaising, developing and managing relationships with iwi, hapū and key Māori organisations to ensure Māori interests primarily in the area of petroleum, minerals and energy resources, are integrated into MBIE's core business. A key component of this role is to focus on lifting the knowledge, and understanding of the benefits of positive engagement with iwi/hapū within the group.
To be successful, you will have:
- Demonstrated credibility with key internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated understanding of current Government policy and community views on the Treaty of Waitangi and the implications for policy and service delivery groups.
- Understanding and appreciation of te reo Māori me ōna tikanga
- Knowledge and experience of the aspirations and needs of Māori
- Ability to assimilate new information or areas of work
- Ability to establish and build strong working relationships
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Diligence and attention to detail
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility with managers and staff
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Contact Lapulou.Moale@mbie.govt.nz quoting MBIE/1442749 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 27th January 2020