Manager, Engagement and Communications | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD_Manager Engagement and Communications CGI Jan20.pdf (PDF, 325KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Jan-2020|
- Are you passionate about leadership and shaping engagement and communications strategies for high profile, ambitious work programmes?
- Are you passionate about making a meaningful difference?
- Permanent role, Wellington office
About the role:
At MBIE, we look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about building a productive, sustainable and inclusive economy.
We are a seeking an exceptional manager and trusted communications professional to lead a dedicated team of communication professionals to deliver strategic communications and engagement services for the Market Services Business Group in MBIE. The Market Services Business Group is responsible for a wide range of regulatory functions and services including:
- information and education services to businesses, workers and the public
- employment and residential tenancy and unit titles dispute resolution services
- the Temporary Accommodation Service (TAS)
- Greater Christchurch Claims Resolution Service (GCCRS)
- Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- business integrity services such the Companies Office, the Intellectual Property Office of NZ, the Plant Variety Rights Office, Insolvency and Trustee Service and the Proceeds of Crime Unit.
- Weathertight Services
- enforcing occupational regulations, minimum employment rights and Trading Standards.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute and shape communication and engagement with media, stakeholders, businesses and consumers for the Market Services Group. You will work closely with the Deputy Chief Executive and the Market Services senior leadership team to develop and implement communication and engagement strategies to support the work to collectively impact across the range of Market Services functions to contribute to fair markets that thrive and benefit New Zealanders. You will be reporting to the General Manager, Engagement Communications and Ministerial Services and also contribute to best practice and leadership in relation to MBIE-wide approaches to communication and engagement.
You will be people focussed, inspire others and maintain a high-performing and engaged team of professionals that is ahead of the game. Working with Minister's offices, internal and external stakeholders, you will be an expert in building trusted relationships and thrive under pressure and in a fast-paced environment. You will be innovative in your approach to shaping and delivering best practice, audience-focused communications and engagement services and be able to adapt in a dynamic environment.
Skills and experience required:
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in leading and ensuring a high performing team of communication and engagement professionals
- Experience building trust and influencing senior and executive level leaders and a diverse set of stakeholders
- Developed and implemented stakeholder and media engagement strategies, that have consistently shaped and delivered results for the organisation or business
- Experience with and understanding of relevant government processes
- Broad knowledge of media, communications and stakeholder engagement disciplines and processes including latest development in communications practices
- Highly developed business acumen and strategic analysis skills and experience
- A relevant tertiary qualification preferably in Communications and Marketing or related discipline
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below to complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Fi Sanderson firstname.lastname@example.org@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1442690 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm Friday 24th January 2020.