Principal Advisor Stakeholder Engagement | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD - Principal Stakeholder Engagement Advisor - Business Connect.pdf (PDF, 371KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Jan-2020|
- Principal Advisor Stakeholder Engagement required to support exciting business initiative
- Fixed term: 10 February - 9 October 2020 (8 months - parental leave cover)
- Based in Wellington CBD, Stout Street.
About the role
The Business Connect team (part of the Better for Business initiative) requires an experienced Principal Advisor Stakeholder Engagement to build and maintain the key strategic working relationships to support the growth of this cross-agency, business-facing online platform.
The purpose of this role is to backfill the current incumbent who will shortly be leaving to go on parental leave.
This is a role for an experienced Stakeholder Engagement Advisor, who has the ability to forge key relationships with a range of stakeholders across central and local government. You'll thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and interesting project environment, working on an initiative which has high visibility across government and Ministers.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
You will need to bring
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
- In-depth knowledge and five years plus experience in effectively managing government and/or private sector relationships.
- A track record of building strategic relationships that instils a level of trust.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in business writing, with the ability to focus on the key details and to articulate complex ideas clearly and confidently.
- Ability to mentor staff with less experience.
- Ability to relate to a wide variety of people in different situations.
About Business Connect
Business Connect is a cross-agency initiative seeking to address some of the key challenges New Zealand businesses have when dealing with government, including reducing the amount of information businesses need to provide over and over again to central and local government agencies; providing more transparency about where they are in a process; and delivering more seamless services.
Business Connect is a cloud-based digital services platform that integrates the New Zealand Business Number (NZBN) that will allow New Zealand businesses to interact digitally across central and local government from one place. Business Connect will initially focus on ‘permissions to operate', enabling businesses to apply for, renew and manage many of the licences, permits, certificates and registrations they require from one place.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line advertisement.
Email Steve.Scannell@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1442651 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm, Wednesday 22 January 2020