Patent Examiner - (Electrical / ICT) | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Patent Examiner - Jan 2020.docx (Word, 69KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Jan-2020|
- Excellent career path that combines science and law
- Structured progression framework to senior roles
- Flexible working options that work for you
- Permanent opportunity
We help people protect intellectual property
The Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand (IPONZ) grants and registers various intellectual property rights in New Zealand, including patents which help people and businesses protect their innovations by granting a legal right to stop others from making, using, or selling something they have invented. We are located in Wellington with offices in a handy central location on Lambton Quay close to buses, trains, and other city attractions.
We are looking for an experienced patent examiner for our electrical and ICT examination team
Please note we are looking for an experienced patent examiner for this role. If you don't have previous patent examination experience you should instead consider applying for a trainee patent examiner role, which we will be advertised in the near future.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Have previous patent examination experience.
- A degree in electrical, mechatronics, or telecommunications engineering (PhD, Masters, or bachelors).
- A strong desire to further their patent examination career.
- Can evaluate complex information quickly to make effective decisions.
- Can clearly communicate complex ideas in written and verbal form in a plain-English style.
- Can prioritise work to meet deadlines.
- Be a conscientious team member who wants to contribute to a great work culture.
- Want to apply your talents to make IPONZ the best patent office in the world.
Benefits of working at IPONZ
- You will become part of a friendly collegial team.
- Structured and transparent progression pathway to senior level positions.
- Flexible working opportunities (eg, flexible hours, remote working, condensed week)
- Competitive salary.
- A management team who are dedicated to your growth and success.
- The opportunity to help grow New Zealand for all.
- Applicants must be New Zealand citizen or Permanent Residents.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Your application must include a Cover Letter, CV and Transcript (official or unofficial).
Email Matt.Guy at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1442644 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 20th January 2020.