Te Tumu Houkura - General Manager Māori | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Te Tumu Houkura General Manager Maori December 2019.pdf (PDF, 357KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Jan-2020|
Ka tangi te tītī, Ka tangi te kākā, Ka tangi hoki mātou Tihei Mauriora!
- Key influential and leadership role
- Bring a real passion to progress Māori economic development
- Permanent opportunity, Wellington based
Enable a Step Change for the Māori Economy
Our work is exciting, future focused and fast-paced. If this sounds like you, we would love you to join our great team!!
We are looking for an experienced Te Tumu Houkura, General Manager Māori who can lead our work programme, be responsible for setting and monitoring the strategic direction of the team and deliver results.
This role is a key strategic leadership position reporting to the Deputy Chief Executive, Strategic Policy and Programmes.
The Māori Economic Development Unit works across government to deliver the greatest outcomes for Māori economic development and He kai kei aku ringa – The Crown-Māori Economic Growth Partnership. Lead the team that will help bring both economic and social policy spectrums together in a way that focusses the Government's resource and effort on those most in need, with programmes and services that get outcomes and have evidence to support success.
We are a busy team, with a broad and interesting work programme. We place strong value on producing excellent work, collaboration, and above all a passion for Māori economic development and growing New Zealand for all. We work across MBIE, Ministers, government agencies, NGOs, Māori and the private sector to fast track the Māori economy.
The Te Tumu Houkura, General Manager Māori is a key leadership role providing advice and support across the organisation to ensure there is a strong tikanga and te reo Māori support for MBIE leadership and policy teams. Your relationships with Māori, Iwi and Hapū will be important to ensuring the organisation is well represented and held in good standing.
You will identify and maximise initiatives and delivery approaches that will improve outcomes for Māori.
We're looking for a highly credible leader who has;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a diverse team and manage people with different specialisations to deliver on a team work programme and to manage people, finance and resources.
- experience engaging with Māori to generate new ideas for addressing challenges and opportunities for Māori economic development
- proven ability to provide advice and craft policy that will further Māori economic development
- proven experience leading complex policy work and project teams
- the ability to enhance the overall capability of the team through guiding and mentoring other team members in their day to day work
- big picture thinking, with intellectual curiosity, and makes relevant connections between the work of the team, other parts of MBIE and other agencies
- strong influencing and engagement skills to gain the co-operation and commitment of others
- excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to present information and ideas effectively and engagingly to a wide range of audiences.
- In-depth working knowledge of tikanga Māori, kaitiakitanga, wairuatanga, manaakitanga and iwitanga
- A suitable qualification or relevant experience that supports the expectations of the role
Some travel will be required
All applicants must hold citizenship or permanent residency to be eligible to apply
To apply for this position, please click the “Apply Now” button. This will allow you to read the position descriptions, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role. For further information please contact Steve Scannell on Steve.Scannell@mbie.govt.nz quoting reference number MBIE/1442429.
Applications close COB Friday 24 January 2020.