Business Design Workstream Lead | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Jan-2020|
- Manage all aspects of business process and improvement
- Be part of the most significant change to the work visa system for 20 years
- Great career opportunity / rewarding culture - Fixed term role
- Build and lead a large team to delivery high impact value across NZ
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
We are looking for an experienced business design and business process leader to join our team in the Enablement Branch within the Immigration New Zealand Group. The Enablement branch, within Immigration NZ (INZ) focuses on delivering core INZ service functions, providing a strategic and leadership role, with an emphasis on system-level service design, change and system health monitoring. The Business Design Work stream position is a newly created role that will be dedicated to the largest change project in INZ - the Employer-assisted Temporary Work Visa Policy (EAWVP) change initiative.
About the role:
Reporting to the Project Director and working closely with INZ's executive team this exciting role will shape, implement and deliver all elements of business process work stream and the operationalization of EAWVP policy. This significant role will be responsible for managing the capability across the areas of policy design, business modelling, business process, and service design and transition solution. The Business Design Work Stream Lead will ultimately be responsible for ensuring quality and consistency of advice and practices in relation to their contribution to the team's work.
The Business Design Work Stream Lead contributes to the operations of the Enabling team. The Enabling Team together with other Enablement Branch teams, influences the quality of service delivery, systems and processes. They provide effective leadership, consistently deliver expected results, and implement high-quality management systems to Immigration NZ.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a track record of enterprise cross-sector change, with numerous examples of delivery and an appetite that is motivated by challenge & complexity. You will be a natural leader with a confident and assured stakeholder engagement style and the ability to share and motivate values based approach across the workstreams in this high profile INZ project.
We are seeking applicants who can demonstrate the following:
- Establish key business processes for a large-scale transformation
- Knowledge and understanding of the NZ public sector in a change and transformation context
- Excellent data process, service design, and leadership understanding
- Excellent understanding of complex legislative design and change process.
- Ability to build the capability and develop a high performing team of Business Analysts across a number of areas
- Ideally a certificate in Lean SixSigma or Kaizen alongside strong delivery pedigree
- Strong and persuasive communication skills, both written, oral, and presentation.
- Must be a NZ citizen or have permanent residence
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email or call Jonny at jonny.Hay@mbie.govt.nz or 04-8965881.quoting ref MBIE/1442361 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 26 January 2020.