Support Officer | Auckland
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Support Officer Job Description.pdf (PDF, 426KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Jan-2020|
- Permanent Support Officer role - National Documentation Office
- Entry level role with opportunities to develop and progress
- Based in Manukau - handy to public transport links and affordable parking
- Starting salary $42,744
Why work for us?
At Immigration New Zealand you'll have the chance to make a real impact. Our mission? To work with international organisations and industry partners to improve border security and make immigration easier for our customers. We also lead Government strategy designed to help migrants – including refugees – make New Zealand their home.
We're part of the Ministry of Business, Immigration and Employment (MBIE), a future-focused organisation working to grow a strong, high-performing New Zealand economy. Our diverse range of functions and international reach means real career pathways, both within Immigration New Zealand and MBIE as a whole. That's underpinned by regular development and training, and a culture that supports flexible working.
What we're looking for
In this permanent position as a Support Officer you'll be supporting a team of officers processing visa applications by providing vital administration support. At National Documentation Office we receive and lodge all onshore applications which are then transferred to processing offices.
If you have a ‘can do attitude' and the skills and experience to:
- Provide data entry and document management services in a busy environment
- Effectively manage your own workflow to meet business requirements
- Apply common sense, logical thinking skills and flexibility
- Work effectively with your manager and colleagues to achieve team goals and meet customer expectations
- Build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Pay close attention to details and have a high level of accuracy
- Problem solve and think outside the box
We'd love to hear from self-starters who want to be the best and deliver the best outcomes for New Zealand. In return you can expect to receive regular development support and training that builds your skills.
Let's create the future together.
Applicants must be NZ or Australian citizens or hold Permanent Residence class visa.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1442245 if you have any further questions.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 22nd January 2020