Executive Assistant Entity Performance and Investment | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Executive Assistant EPI PD - November 2019.pdf (PDF, 320KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Jan-2020|
- Provide high-calibre, confidential support to the GM Entity Performance and Investment
- Varied and challenging role
- Permanent opportunity based in Wellington
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has come about for an Executive Assistant to provide high calibre, confidential support to the General Manager of Entity Performance and Investment and his team. The team is responsible for oversight of the performance of a range of organisations critical to delivering on the Government's goals.
Working in a dynamic and changing environment, you will be responsible for diary management, monitoring of telephone calls, emails and other communication, preparation of documentation, arranging travel, event management, liaising with facilities and IT staff, organising external and internal appointments, working with the wider support team and other general administrative tasks as required.
You will be client-focused and expected to have an understanding of the business group, branch priorities and business plans and the key agencies with which it interacts with in order to effectively assess priorities or redirection of workflows. You will maintain effective internal and external relationships, deal with high level, urgent and confidential issues and mentor other support staff where appropriate. The role requires high levels of discretion and the ability to work closely with the boards and senior management of these organisations and within MBIE. Relationship management is key to the role.
You'll always be two steps ahead of the General Manager anticipating what is required and when whilst ensuring that tasks are completed to a high level.
Skills and experience required:
To be successful in this role you need to have:
- A proven track record of experience and success in providing EA support to executive leadership
- Great relationship management skills with confidence in dealing with a wide range of people
- Demonstrated agility in responding to changes in priorities
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Initiative and a proactive approach to work supporting by strong judgment and decision making ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Motivation and a positive and pro-active approach to your work
- Ability to stay calm in a dynamic and changing environment
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Contact Steve Scannell at Steve.Scannell@mbie.govt.nz quoting reference MBIE/1442102 if you have any questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 26th January 2020.