Change and Capability Director | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Jan-2020|
- Manage the most significant change to the work visa system for 20 years
- Great career opportunity / rewarding culture - Fixed Term Role
- Enterprise-wide and cross-sector change delivery
- Build and lead a large team to delivery high impact value across NZ
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
We are looking for an experienced business change leader to join our team in the Enablement Branch within the Immigration New Zealand Group. The Enablement branch, within Immigration NZ (INZ) focuses on delivering core INZ service functions, providing a strategic and leadership role, with an emphasis on system-level service design, change and system health monitoring. The Director, Change and Capability position is a significant role that will be dedicated to the largest change project in INZ - the Employer-assisted Temporary Work Visa Policy (EAWVP) change initiative.
About the role:
Reporting to the Project Director and working closely with INZ's executive team this exciting role will shape, implement and deliver all elements of business and people change, stakeholder and communications, property and training. Ultimately ensuring that the INZ business, sector partners and NZ industry leaders are prepared for the most significant change to the work visa policy in over twenty years. The Director is responsible for the design, development and implementation of the strategies, plans, methodologies and delivery of the above-mentioned work streams.
The scale and complexity of the change is significant and will require an executive level capability to work as part of the Project's senior leadership team and in partnership with the wider INZ and MBIE senior managers to successfully and sustainably execute and embed the change into the operating model.
This role also leads and manages the supporting collateral, monitoring and reporting on progress and outcomes.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a track record of enterprise cross-sector change, with numerous examples of delivery and an appetite that is motivated by challenge & complexity. You will be a natural leader with a confident and assured stakeholder engagement style and the ability to share and motivate values based approach across the workstreams in this high profile INZ project.
We are seeking applicants who can demonstrate the following:
- Provide leadership for the Change & Capability work stream within the EAWVP Project
- Develop the stakeholder engagement strategy and actively manage its execution
- Lead, develop and implement a change communications strategy and delivery plans that cover the critical change impacts for EAWVP
- Work with the EAWVP Project Director, the INZ executive leadership team and wider INZ business functions, to identify the impact of the change on the business and lead the development of effective mitigations.
- Deliver a strategy and implementation plan for the people & capability work stream
- Manage the recruitment process , the on-boarding, induction and training of staff
- Work in collaboration with the MBIE Property Group to secure fit-for-purpose and timely facilities for the new staff
- Develop a strategy and implementation plan for the transition of currently accredited employers into the new operating model
- Successfully implement the transition plan and actively manage the engagement communications with affected parties
- Contribute to the wider delivery of the operating model changes
- Lead and manage the detailed impact assessments
- Provide advice and support to the Project Director and affected GMs on change readiness
- Working with the Project Director and other key senior stakeholders to design and develop the best fit change approach to support the deployment of people, process and technology changes that align to the Project's approach and outcomes
- Strong and persuasive communication skills, both written, oral, and presentation.
- Must be a NZ citizen or have permanent residence
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email or call Jonny at jonny.Hay@mbie.govt.nz or 04-8965881.quoting ref MBIE/1441978 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 26 January 2020.